Alternator Rodimus

Rapid Run

Well as I said, it's as much principle as price. With my new job I could probably afford 50$ for a piece of plastic, but I don't want to reward a toy site or ebay seller for snapping up a bunch of hard to find figures and selling them for twice what they paid. Taking away other people's opportunity for a small happiness and profiting from it, when as Snarkivist said, they have no clue what they are buying except a saleable commodity... that's not behavior I want to support.

And as important as this is to me, I'm not losing sleep over it -- my browser is set to auto-refresh and let me know if it detects any changes. I'm not exactly sitting in front of my PC hitting F5 all day. If I get lucky, I get lucky. If not, expect to see me trawling The End Cap looking for a trade. :tflaugh1

I hear ya, and I like finding deals as much as anyone else. I recently picked up a MP-01 for $102. I found an ALT swerve for $50. I have also overpaid for items, because I wanted to get it done and not wait for it to possible go higher or risk not getting one at all. I have paid about $20 more for several of the last BT's I was looking for (Wheeljack was a pain in the ars to find!) In regards to Rodimus, I went ahead and got a rodimus for $50 off ebay - even tho i'm still trying to get one for $24.99 from HTS also. No reason to beach about it - it was my decision and I did it for the convenience - I am glad it was available as an option.

Yes, I definately understand not wanting to overpay too much, and the fun it can be to find deals. However, in the end, if I want to get a particular item and don't feel like waiting for the deal - i'm not going to make a stink about others buying and reselling. You would chit a brick if you realized the actual cost to produce these items. The average 16oz bottle of soda only costs about 5cents for bottlers - yet people play $1.19 at stop/shops all day long (even tho a 2 liter can often be had for $.99).

I am just saying, sometimes it worth not going thru a bunch of chit and lose a ton of time to save $25, that in the end could have cost you a lot more. It's just a good life lesson to learn early.

Case in point... back in 1996 I was working down in Atlanta on the olympics. My truck's engine blew up, and I needed to have it rebuilt. It was going to cost me about $2000 to get it done. It would have taken nearly all i had to do it, so instead - I rebuilt it myself. It cost me about $1200 when it was all said and done. So I saved $800 right??? WRONG! I missed a week and a half of work that I could have made over $3000 for. THUS I lost $3000 in order to save $800. Sometimes, it's better to pay more to get something done and move on and use your time to make money elsewhere. Such lessons apply to sub-contracting work on houses and all kinds of things. Like I said... a person could earn $25 in 2-3 hours doing almost anything. So is it worth putting all your eggs into catching one on HTS and losing tons of hours of sleep to do so?? "IF" it is for fun, and you don't mind missing one- sure! Nothing wrong with putting a price on your own pleasure persuits. But if your doing it "JUST" to save the money "OR" teach those bad scalpers a lesson - I think you might be missing the big picture. Just food for thought.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am just saying, sometimes it worth not going thru a bunch of chit and lose a ton of time to save $25, that in the end could have cost you a lot more. It's just a good life lesson to learn early.

Case in point... back in 1996 I was working down in Atlanta on the olympics. My truck's engine blew up, and I needed to have it rebuilt. It was going to cost me about $2000 to get it done. It would have taken nearly all i had to do it, so instead - I rebuilt it myself. It cost me about $1200 when it was all said and done. So I saved $800 right??? WRONG! I missed a week and a half of work that I could have made over $3000 for. THUS I lost $3000 in order to save $800. Sometimes, it's better to pay more to get something done and move on and use your time to make money elsewhere. Such lessons apply to sub-contracting work on houses and all kinds of things. Like I said... a person could earn $25 in 2-3 hours doing almost anything. So is it worth putting all your eggs into catching one on HTS and losing tons of hours of sleep to do so?? "IF" it is for fun, and you don't mind missing one- sure! Nothing wrong with putting a price on your own pleasure persuits. But if your doing it "JUST" to save the money "OR" teach those bad scalpers a lesson - I think you might be missing the big picture. Just food for thought.

I don't think your comparison is really the same thing, because I'm not losing anything by waiting, but don't worry; I'm familiar with the concept of opportunity cost. I also know that last year, Nemesis Prime was selling for 25$ at SDCC, and I missed out then too, but here a year later he still sells on Ebay for 50$-60$. Figures never really disappear, they simply get more expensive over time. So there's no reason for me to buy it from a scalper right now, when there's still a chance I can get it for retail, or I can pay 50$ at any time later -- especially if he gets wide release in Asia.

I'm still holding out for HTS because I want to get it from the source, for their price, if I can -- not from someone who has bought multiple figures they don't even want, with plans of hoarding and gouging before they even make it out the convention center doors. I'd like to think that most TFans are a brotherhood of shared interest, rather than greedy opportunists, but I'm not naive enough to believe it. In every fandom there are some who only want to profit from exploiting it.

No, I'm not losing sleep over it, but yes, if I fail to get one from HTS, then I will gladly offer to buy or trade figures with someone who picked up a double (and isn't looking to Transufomah! a fellow fan's wallet), or grudgingly go to ebay and pay the ransom. But if I have an alternative -- if I EVER have an alternative, I won't go to a scalper. It's just a matter of moral preference.

wohoo... heard from the guy i preordered from and he said he managed to get all the quantities he was after on the first day. He did said there were a LOT of pissed off people there after the numbers went down in the following days and there will be a LOT of unhappy people on ebay and such. But I got a confirmation on the one I got for $49.99 - it will ship tomorrow (monday). Cool deal. Now i can try to get one from HTS, but If I don't - no big deal. :D

wohoo... heard from the guy i preordered from and he said he managed to get all the quantities he was after on the first day. He did said there were a LOT of pissed off people there after the numbers went down in the following days and there will be a LOT of unhappy people on ebay and such. But I got a confirmation on the one I got for $49.99 - it will ship tomorrow (monday). Cool deal. Now i can try to get one from HTS, but If I don't - no big deal. :D

Midnight has come and gone once again and with no new listing. Maybe tomorrow will be different. Congrats! Now let's hope that if it is listed tomorrow that it will be AFTER I get home from work. That being said, I have a pre-order from the first day it went up at bbts, but I sure would like to have a 2nd to keep misb or to trade with.

Midnight has come and gone once again and with no new listing. Maybe tomorrow will be different. Congrats! Now let's hope that if it is listed tomorrow that it will be AFTER I get home from work. That being said, I have a pre-order from the first day it went up at bbts, but I sure would like to have a 2nd to keep misb or to trade with.

Do we have a pool of times going yet???

We should have all put in $5 or $10 to choose a 30minute day/time slot -- winner would get enough likely to even buy an ebay scalped one - hahahaha

My guess is Monday morning..9-9:30am (Pacific time)

Archived