Alternator Rodimus

Rapid Run

Thought I'd start a new thread to discuss this new kid on the block. I thought there may have been a similarly-titled thread already, but I couldn't find it. Mods please merge if appropriate.

Got my Alt Rodimus today, way earlier than I expected! HTS has really fast shipping, even their Standard option took only 5 business days from ordering.

He's awesome- I had mentioned elsewhere the possibility of trading him for a regular Alt Mirage, but I dig the red and the flames- didn't mean to lead anyone on, sorry. The pics I've seen, inlcuding on the box, made me think the flames were yellow, but mine are gold. And I don't often say this, but, uh, he's got nice legs. :eek What can I say, he's a sexy beast!

Let's hear your opinions on this guy.

Also: does anyone want the box, complete? I was hoping it would say something like "2007 San Diego ComiCon Exclusive!" on it, but oh well. I opened it as carefully as possible, you could totally put yours back in for display. I'll cover shipping if it's not more than a couple bucks. First PM gets it.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And on that note ( I get mine in a couple of days )

I have all of my BT and Alts (including Nemisis) on dislpay out of box, but since this one comes in a bubblebox which is very hard to preserve...how much will it effect the price of him in the future if I go ahead and release him from his little plastic prison knowing if he is going to be in very limited numbers. I was hoping to display him behind Alt Mirage in robot form.....but I might have to keep him in the bubble and just wait for BT Clear Mirage to arrive and display him instead since I know that BT boxes are much easier to preserve. What do you guys think?

And on that note ( I get mine in a couple of days )

I have all of my BT and Alts (including Nemisis) on dislpay out of box, but since this one comes in a bubblebox which is very hard to preserve...how much will it effect the price of him in the future if I go ahead and release him from his little plastic prison knowing if he is going to be in very limited numbers. I was hoping to display him behind Alt Mirage in robot form.....but I might have to keep him in the bubble and just wait for BT Clear Mirage to arrive and display him instead since I know that BT boxes are much easier to preserve. What do you guys think?

I have the feeling that in the future Alt Mirage will be worth more than Rodimus, so if you've opened your Mirage...

Also, BT-17 Convoy came in Alternators bubble packaging - it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same for BT-18 Mirage to cut costs.

I love Rodimus to death. The deco (IE the flames) are fantastic, and he just has a better shape than most Alternators.

And the head.

Oh god, the head. With the flip-down visor, it's fantastic. I spend more time playing with that than I ever did with some of my other Transformers.

Oh, and Smallest Soundwave fits perfectly in the driver's seat of Rodimus. It is truly a thing of beauty to behold.

Why do you say that? Considering there were more Alt Mirages made then Roddys?

I love Rodimus to death. The deco (IE the flames) are fantastic, and he just has a better shape than most Alternators.

And the head.

Oh god, the head. With the flip-down visor, it's fantastic. I spend more time playing with that than I ever did with some of my other Transformers.

Oh, and Smallest Soundwave fits perfectly in the driver's seat of Rodimus. It is truly a thing of beauty to behold.

That right there may make me open him.... :tfevil

And the head.

HOLY CATS!! I hadn't noticed the visor until you mentioned it- I heart Roddy! That's not even in the instructions. Cool!

I have to say, he feels pretty fragile, in both material and hold-togetherness (<--- new word). But he's got a great "presence", not sure how else to say it. And the alt mode, my God, gor-JUS! I wish he didn't have those awful day-glo yellow hands, yikes. I like how you can use the doors as wings or drop them down behind him. Great fig all in all.

I have his guns combined to form a single larger one. No pic yet, but it's easy: leave the two engine halves together, and just pull down the handgrip under the pivot point for the upper silver part, the supercharger, which is still the barrel. It ends up being a nice fat piece. Neat IMHO.

Pic of SW and Rodimus pls? Are there any other Smallest TFs that fit in Alt seats?

Considering Soundwave is, to my knowledge, the only Smallest Transformer with hips that bend into a sitting position, I think he's the only one. I'll try to get pics up, but it's tough photographing through the windshield (and it loses something with the door open).

I think his alt mode is one of the nicest, if not the nicest, looking of all the Alternators. I got two of them. I originally thought I would open one and sell one. After seeing him in person, though, I may be keep both (one MISB).

I was surprised to see how much of the figure is painted compared to the amount of bare plastic in other alts. It's no BT paint job, but still a fair amount (even though the painted plastic pieces are clear or don't match the body). As for the banana hands they're ok. They didn't bother me as much after I put Rodimus next to my old G1 Hot Rod. HR's spoiler is almost the exact color, only slightly darker on the spoiler. With all of Rodimus' features and immaculate paint job he has become my favorite alt. Not because it's new, but because I've wanted this mold for quite some time and the Ford GT suits Rodimus almost perfectly.

Btw, does anyone else think it looks like he is wearing a cape when the doors are hung behind his arms? This paired with the width of the windshield and trunk/hood give me the illusion that Rodimus is wearing a short cape.

Archived