The Official Support Arcee for Transformers 2 Thread!

Scowl

Do you support the Arcee concept design (see below) for Transformers 2?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Arcee concept design (see below) for Transformers 2?

• Yes!
    • No!

I have to say I am completely against the inclusion of any fembots in the movie franchise. I just don't think there is any decent reason to include them. Audiences would probably scoff at the idea while any attempt to explain/justify their inclusion would just waste valuable action time.

Besides I can think of five dozen different characters more worthy of inclusion than Arcee off the top of my head.

Totally agree with this a zillion percent. Sums it up. No to Arcee! NO NO NO! (sorry Scowl!)

I've got no problem with her being in the sequel. Just not as the "uber-mom" role.

not that crap again look she was in the comic so that idea just goes out the window

I hate to break it to you but the British Empire has fallen and they're not the center of the universe anymore. Just because the brits had a comic with Arcee in it, that doesn't mean that everybody knows about it. Not to mention that this is an american movie aimed at an american audience and the majority of americans have never read that comic.

*Looks around...

pst....we're part of said British Empire/Commonwealth....G-d Save the Queen, and stuff....

Rule Brittania! Brittania rules the waves! .......

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do tfanz hate women?

:tflaugh1

A robot with boobies =/= A woman

You know, I've been thinking about the problem with Arcee's size and I wondered, could she get around that by using mass compression? She would start out as a normal sized TF and she would compact herself down into the form of a motorcycle by compressing the space between the molecules that make up her molecular structure. The downside is that she'll be a really heavy motorcycle but that wouldn't be a real problem since unlike Soundwave, she doesn't have an alt-mode that must be carried by a human for her to perform her proper function. Maybe this ability could be explained as a freak mutation that was caused by a glitch in the Allspark and Arcee would be limited by how big or how small she could make herself.

How about leave out mass compression altogether since we already discussed it and decided it was ghey?

A magic shrinky fembot... The exact opposite thing the film franchise needs to be taken half way seriously.

How about leave out mass compression altogether since we already discussed it and decided it was ghey?

Mass Compression is not the same as magical shrinky. It's a proven scientific fact that there's a lot of empty space between the molecules that make up solid matter and than an object can decrease its mass by compressing the space between the molecules, with the only side effect being that it's metric weight remains the same. Magical shrinky means that for all intents and purposes, a 20-foot tall robot can shrink himself down into an exact copy of a walkman that can be carried around by a normal human.

So, magic shrinky for beginners?

Again, it's not magic, it's a scientific fact. That's like saying a sponge has the magical ability to shrink itself when you squeeze it.

Whether it's real science or made up technobabble, it's lame.

Oh for God's sakes, don't be such a technophobe. It's not going to break your mind, mass-compression is a relatively simple concept. Just look at the sponge example I used.

I feel the need to say mass-shifting (regardless of how you disguise it) is lame & should be left in the eighties. Leave the comebacks to Rick Astley. :thumb

Archived