The Official Support Arcee for Transformers 2 Thread!

Scowl

Do you support the Arcee concept design (see below) for Transformers 2?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Arcee concept design (see below) for Transformers 2?

• Yes!
    • No!

I support Arcee in the next Movie, I mean she's been out of work since the 80's and a short spurt in energon, And that was hardly work. Anyway I think Arcee's size as a 'cycle would have lil effect on her as a fighter.. Just means instead of her coming out "guns-a-blazing" she'd have to be more Ninja then militia. And if shes smaller and more agile then she can do similar damage to an enemy as someone bigger then her, she just has to get closer, quieter. Besides being a motorcycle in a firefight makes you more maneuverable (easier to avoid being shot at.) yes I agree she cant have a butt-load of artillery, doesn't mean she wont be ARMED thou..just means hand-to-hand verses sniper...

Although having her a sniper would be cool then her size mean nothing..

(sarcasm) ...and having Huge "Anime" eyes would make sense since she need better eyes then most bots.. (sarcasm)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think of it this way... have you ever had an itch on your back that you just couldn't reach, no matter how hard you tried? Now imagine if that itch had a gun and could shoot you in the head before you had time to get your backscratcher...

That's not how the tf's fight each other in the movie universe. They seem to concentrate mostly on physical combat and melee weaponry. Under such a combat system, Arcee would be reduced to the role of the weak female. Not to mention that the audience wants to see giant robots smash each other up instead of running around and shooting at each other.

Hornet I don't care if I get warned or whatever...you are a Powerglideing 'tard.

You're views are so skewed into the idiotic my brain doesn't know how to respond some times.

Now back to responding to the Quoted...

Might want to watch the movie again Hornet. As far as non-melee combat goes - there is plenty.

Starscream vs. Ironhide and Ratchet

Ironhide and Bumblebee shooting Devy-Brawl

Starscream shooting at the Autobots

All the different TF's shooting at each other and the humans

As for Prime and Megs - they've ALWAYS fought in close combat in every series/incarnation/redux. It's part of their big rivalry war-fest.

And just to humor you...

And Arcee could pull out scimitar-like heated blades and cut out the knees and ankles of the larger 'Cons, just before jumping on them and severing their necks. Or she could wait until they weren't paying attention and shoot them in the head multiple times before jumping in for the lethal close combat strikes.

Think of it this way... have you ever had an itch on your back that you just couldn't reach, no matter how hard you tried? Now imagine if that itch had a gun and could shoot you in the head before you had time to get your backscratcher...

That's not how the tf's fight each other in the movie universe.

That's not how the TFs fight each other in the FIRST movie.

Arcee adds alot of variety to the cast, with her unique alt mode and what would no doubt be a very interesting fighting technique.

Is Arcee different from what we've seen so far, in the movie universe as well as all the others? Of course she is! That's why I think she's so cool! If we are only going to get 3 live action movies, is it so wrong to want a little variety in them?

• 1 year later...

I support arcee for TF:ROTF

As long as they make a good explanation for female transformers.

Anyone that complains about the average movie go'ers not believing the women concept is probably wrong. I mean, its already shown that the Transformers in the first movie are males. And that they are ALIVE, and its a fact that all living things are either male or female. (ok not all, like amoeba's) Even computer parts or house ware stuff, is labeled the male or female. AND not all of these labeled things reproduce. SO , a female doesn't have to reproduce to be one. AS a human they do, but this is a techno-organic machine. If they already have males/guys, then it only makes sense to show they other species. Where there are men, there are females. There doesn't need to be an "explanation" that would just ruin it. Was there an explanation in G1? Energon? Cybertron? no! To explain makes it look :fail imo. And to just have it be, is natural & therefore = :win .

Plus isn't it already said on the call sheets seen early this year she is in it? Yes, i thought so. *makes point* ALSO for the ones saying she isn't in an American comic (movieverse) WHAT ABOUT the Starscream mini-series!??? Shes in that as well as Thundercracker (sorry but hes cool & i want him in 2 also)

Bike is perfect for her too! She can blend in & hide better, she will appear smaller then the rest (which is cannon) and all together rule! I DO think she should look HOT though. Hot humna like face, and nice figure. THAT will win me over.

*edit* -Plus, Hornet get a life! Stop arguing moot points already. ;) :roll lol

Archived