The Official Support Arcee for Transformers 2 Thread!

Scowl

Do you support the Arcee concept design (see below) for Transformers 2?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Arcee concept design (see below) for Transformers 2?

• Yes!
    • No!

Apart from the fact I read the script last year & already knew the ending... ;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I have a friend in the UK who still hasn't seen the movie & won't be able to for a while. You've had it for quite a while before the movie was officially released here. I don't care too much for myself (the film is about big robots blowing stuff up - who cares about the story???) but my mate isn't impressed with it. Spoilers in movie-related topics are expected. To have one of the biggest film spoilers randomly scattered around the board isn't cool."

Siburke, you have made your point. Apparently he is not going to change his sig regardless of how much you complain. Frankly, I have no problem with it. Can we get back on topic now?

I say she shouldn't be in it. Really, I feel like her existance will create more questions which will have to be sorted out, wasting valuable fighting time. Existing in the expanded universe is fine, because really, only fans will notice and they'll be able to sort things out with a little research. But the average movie-goer will be confused, and they're the core audience.

I joined just so I could give my two cents on this, so be gentle.

Personally, I think there is a simple way to deal with Arcee being a fembot. In the second movie, have it that the first person she interacts with is Mikaela (I can see Mikaela riding around on a purple/pink motorcycle). When Arcee and Mikaela meet up with Sam and the rest of the autobots, she or Sam could ask "Wait...if you're all robots, why is Arcee a girl?"

Optimus: We do not have true genders. We have merely chosen to sound and appear as we do based on what we know of your species.

Rachet: Human males interact better with other males, just as human females interact better with other females. Because Arcee met with Mikaela first, she selected more feminine qualities.

Sam: Wait...so if it would have been Mikaela you guys were searching for, you'd all look girly and such?

Optimus: Yes.

That would explain why Arcee is female when robots have no need for genders: She simply chose it to better suit her task of watching over Mikaela.

Siburke, you have made your point. Apparently he is not going to change his sig regardless of how much you complain. Frankly, I have no problem with it. Can we get back on topic now?

I obviously hadn't made my point though had I? Read his replies & address someone who might care about your opinion. :thumb

I joined just so I could give my two cents on this, so be gentle.

Personally, I think there is a simple way to deal with Arcee being a fembot. In the second movie, have it that the first person she interacts with is Mikaela (I can see Mikaela riding around on a purple/pink motorcycle). When Arcee and Mikaela meet up with Sam and the rest of the autobots, she or Sam could ask "Wait...if you're all robots, why is Arcee a girl?"

Optimus: We do not have true genders. We have merely chosen to sound and appear as we do based on what we know of your species.

Rachet: Human males interact better with other males, just as human females interact better with other females. Because Arcee met with Mikaela first, she selected more feminine qualities.

Sam: Wait...so if it would have been Mikaela you guys were searching for, you'd all look girly and such?

Optimus: Yes.

That would explain why Arcee is female when robots have no need for genders: She simply chose it to better suit her task of watching over Mikaela.

There is no need to explain anything. Transformers are life forms, not just robots. Prime and the rest of the Autobots are referred to as "he", not "it". They also understand the concept of "mating" (remember Ratchet's line about Sam's pheremone levels). The audience will have no problem accepting a female Transformer.

I'm so freakin' confused now. I'm not going to change my sig because the majority of people who post on this board HAVE seen it. :P

Archived