The Official Support Arcee for Transformers 2 Thread!

Scowl

Do you support the Arcee concept design (see below) for Transformers 2?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Arcee concept design (see below) for Transformers 2?

• Yes!
    • No!

That is one thing I've always found strange with this debate...

People don't like the idea of a female robot, but they don't mind that the other Transformers are all men. And even if they are never stated to be men, they are implied males - Prime even refers to the others using "he" and "him", not "it".

Then people will counter-argue that they are meant to be genderless, they just have attributes we associate to being male, the same way we associate Jazz as being "black". Then can't the same reasoning be used for Arcee or any other female TF? They aren't actually female, they're just kind of "lady-like", and we refer to them as "she" out of habit, like you often refer to a boat or a car (ironically) as a "she".

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh the prequal comic was an offical licenced comic with help from hasbro who aprove the content that means its canon DEAL and then thiers the toy bio again offical DEAL and im quite sure no brits had any part in the toy bio but then maybe their were not that its any proplem

Wait, were you referring to the prequel comic? I thought you were citing the G1 Marvel UK comic as the reason why Arcee wouldn't work out. Like you were saying "I imagine that Arcee's movie appearance would play out like her appearance in the Marvel-UK G1 comic and that was just lame". That would have been a lame argument against putting her in the sequel so you can understand why I got upset at you.

Going back to your original point, maybe we can change the scenario so that Arcee isn't built from scratch but she volunteers to be the subject for an experiment to use the shard of the Allspark to transfer its powers to an autobot. Prime wanted to volunteer himself but the autobots opposed it as he was too important, so a regular soldier with slightly above average skills(Arcee) was chosen instead.

creating another robot in the form of a female with the purpose to have her make robot babies.

She wouldn't actually get pregnant :roll she would simply have the ability to bring mechanical objects to life like the Allspark did. Not to mention that she would be treated like a queen, if not outright worshiped as a goddess. She would be more like a female Jesus.

oh the prequal comic was an offical licenced comic with help from hasbro who aprove the content that means its canon DEAL and then thiers the toy bio again offical DEAL and im quite sure no brits had any part in the toy bio but then maybe their were not that its any proplem

Wait, were you referring to the prequel comic? I thought you were citing the G1 Marvel UK comic as the reason why Arcee wouldn't work out. Like you were saying "I imagine that Arcee's movie appearance would play out like her appearance in the Marvel-UK G1 comic and that was just lame". That would have been a lame argument against putting her in the sequel so you can understand why I got upset at you.

i voted in favor not agaist i even stated thatin my 1st post so id advise you not to jump the gun so to speak also being pissy about this sorta thing is no resion to bring up nationality as a way to put down another person (and its just retarded when their a mod) and its made even worse when its about somthing so small

i voted in favor not agaist i even stated thatin my 1st post so id advise you not to jump the gun so to speak also being pissy about this sorta thing is no resion to bring up nationality as a way to put down another person (and its just retarded when their a mod) and its made even worse when its about somthing so small

I didn't know you were a mod. And forgive me if I have trouble reading your posts because of your dyslexia.

People don't like the idea of a female robot, but they don't mind that the other Transformers are all men. And even if they are never stated to be men, they are implied males - Prime even refers to the others using "he" and "him", not "it".

Then people will counter-argue that they are meant to be genderless, they just have attributes we associate to being male, the same way we associate Jazz as being "black". Then can't the same reasoning be used for Arcee or any other female TF? They aren't actually female, they're just kind of "lady-like", and we refer to them as "she" out of habit, like you often refer to a boat or a car (ironically) as a "she".

I am SO glad I voted "No" now...

I am SO glad I voted "No" now...

Are you going to elaborate on that or...?

To me "Female" is just a persona. I'm fine with Arcee. They took their vocalizations and verbal cues from the internet (like Jazz's dialogue and use of wording/phrasing is very different than Prime's or Ironhide's). Then they can have an Autobot choose to go with a feminine persona/choice, including referring to itself as a "she" or "her". Since you know, all the Autobots referred to themselves as "he" and "him"...

Jazz: We can't let the humans make him an experiment (referring to Bumblebee).

Prime: His death will be in vain if we don't...blah-blah...(again, referring to Bumblebee).

They all refer to themselves in the masculine form, so I don't see why a feminine persona can't be used. I don't think Arcee needs to be used as 'the chick-bot' though. She should just be used like all the other Autobots, have a purpose to the group. Maybe a guerilla warfare expert or tech-head. She doesn't need to be there cause she's a "she", but be there because she brings something to the group.

JMO.

I didn't know you were a mod. And forgive me if I have trouble reading your posts because of your dyslexia.

i forgive you for misreading. but thats not the point you used the fact im not from the same country as you as a way of putting me down and thats a huge no no any ways others have complained about this so ive had to take it further.

now back on topic

if she were in the movie id like to see a different bike like a honda CBR in repsol colours and then have the hot pink exposed in robot mode

I vote 'yes'. I like that design and the Arcee character in most of her incarnations.

To me "Female" is just a persona. I'm fine with Arcee. They took their vocalizations and verbal cues from the internet (like Jazz's dialogue and use of wording/phrasing is very different than Prime's or Ironhide's).

I hope Arcee doesn't pattern herself on the women she sees on the Internet... we don't need the next movie being XXX rated. :tfpwn

Archived