Film VS Digital

Bizzmoff

I saw the movie twice, both times in the same theater and it was digital. I do know that a few of the scenes did look fuzzy but I'm not sure if that was part of the filming or not.

Dude that is one hell of a spoiler. :rofl

That's what I was gonna post.

Minus the Rofl though

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps I need a monocle :schin

monocletm9.gif

I've watched movies in digital and then regular film and digital obviously has better quality retention. Film just wears out quickly.

So the choice is yours, really.

I've also seen it in DLP and MY GOD it was amazing. Sharp, clear, super sweet.

Michael Bay loves his telephoto zoom shots. So that's part of what you're seeing.

But I saw the movie in DLP and Regular and honestly I don't think one is inherently superior to the other. DLP is crisper, film is warmer. But that's not a revelation.

I can never tell much difference between digital and non :(

I bothered to see sw: episode 3 in a digital theater and tried really hard to see a difference, but ultimately i am terrible at that kind of thing

I just got back from seeing it on a DLP and it was much better. I highly recommend choosing the digital projector if you have a choice. The Malco here had two DLP Transformers and one regular.

I saw TF the first time on film, the second time on digital.

Digital seemed much cripser, clearer, and alive somehow.

I definitely noticed a difference.

Also, the theater with the digital projection isn't all that clean or nice looking, but their sound system was amazing and really immersed me in the film.

Ex

^ I agree about the sound as well. It was outstanding the second time... and it wasn't just because the "house" was bigger.

The sound on film will degrade after each showing and will never sound as pure as the digital track.

Archived