'Transformers' Post-Movie Q&A w/ Screenwriters

Peter_Van

"Easter Egg for movie 2" "Threads for movie 2. Robot in disguise". WTF does all that mean. It doesn't answer the questions asked.

Possibly Robot in disguise is a working title for the sequal. Although I have no idea if they have even started on the script. Even though it's been green lighted.

We wanted Mass shifting for the Allspark only. Ummm...well, then why is it that Prime was able to hold the glasses the way he was and not with a special small instrument from his finger like in the comic adaptation (which made more sense given his size compared to a pair of human eyeglasses). The way he did it in the film by all means should have crushed them. Unless the glasses had some type of mass shift and enlarged. There was some discrepencies in regards to that that one could blame on mass shifting. Besides, they wanted to try and do Soundwave right (which might include Mass Shifting) and were waiting until the second movie so that they could explain it and not just chalk it up to magic.
I didn't think about that. The wife and I are going to go see it this weekend (my second viewing, her first) I'll watch for that.

Also alot of his comments do make me hopefull for a decent directors cut. ALTHOUGH perhaps it should be a writers cut instead. Seems like Bay dumped quite a few of their ideas.

Yes. If you watch, you'll notice that Prime pics up the glasses with his thumb and index finger. Normally like a person might hold glasses in that manner when maybe holding them while rubbing the bridge of their nose with their other hand. When it would have made more sense to do it in the way I mentioned.

As for the Robot in Disguise, well, that seems iffy. Robots in Disguise sounds much better since there's more than one. Unless the one Robot in particular involves something that's not going to be there until near the end of the movie and it ends thus leaving us with an opening cut and thruse for the second film, ala Underworld to Underworld: Evolution.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having hidden unknown TFs has always been an interesting story idea among TF fans.

Possibly Robot in disguise is a working title for the sequal. Although I have no idea if they have even started on the script. Even though it's been green lighted.

At this point they have nothing to do with the sequel - they've already signed on to do the new Star Trek movie - so there's a good chance they won't be involved.

I just hope bay and spielburg stay involved but somehow I doubt Speilburg would have anything to do with the sequels *cough*BttF*cough*

I guess it depends on how confident he would feel handing off the production reins to someone else. I get the impression that he's been a bit of a hands-on producer with "Transformers".

It is funny though, how your perspective changes... before the movie came out, I was like "let them do whatever they want with the movie", and now that I've seen the movie and liked it, I don't want anyone else to do it :07laugh because of course nobody else could do as good a job etc. etc. etc. bla bla bla

Now, I doubt that. Bay isn't the best director in the world, even if he has improved MASSIVELY.

But for THIS interpritation of Transformers, Bay might be the best guy for it.

The allspark shard, Starscream, Barricade(BTW, I thought he was the one Prime decapitated.... Too many of the decepticon designs were similiar, at least in colorscheme.)...

Not that I can really even conceive of what they'll use as a story hook for the sequel.

I'm going to go with "giant robots fighting each other."

Hey that's a SWEET idea!

Archived