DON'T POST MOVIE DISCUSSION HERE

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

Seriously? Expecting people not to talk about the movie is not realistic. Expecting people to wait and not talk about the movie to not spoil it for those who wish to watch it on DVD? That's rediculous. If it was a normal movie, like for example Sixth Sense, I can understand it, because it would be limited to one thread. On a Transformer based forum, where the entire point of the forum is about Transformers, you cannot expect people to spoiler-tag all their posts. As soon as the premiere is done, it's all free game.

I however, would agree that Movie threads, toys or general, should go to the movie fora. But that falls to me under the same premise that non-transformer threads do not belong in the Transformer fora, or INH-esque threads should be in INH.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:redface

SO PEOPLE PLEASE EITHER:

1) KEEP MOVIE TALK IN THE MOVIE FORUM!

Or:

2) USE SPOILER TAGS ELSEWHERE, LIKE THIS:

(I've just woke up so my sentence structure sucks BTW - good luck deciphering!)

It is NOT much to ask.

It's not much to ask, no...but, I think it is indeed too much to expect, especially since most members nowadays, especially in the Tranformers sections of the forum, are new members, who have just been watching the movie, and are eager to discuss it.

Guest Primal-Convoy

Good point, however there is a need for spoilers. Ive been so annoyed as I click on a review or news item about a movie toy only to see some ignorant cretin post "oha yeaahhhhh man...it so bad that (insert character name here) (insert past simple verb here)".

There is a time and a place and, yes, I DO expect at least TFormers staff to pull their fingers out and do something like removing posts of that nature.

After all, if someone else were to write other stuff that damages other's enjoyment of the site then those posts get removed.

The internet is a GLOBAL community and as such we should all all be aware of the idea of global release dates.

Which is isnt hard to do as TFormers itself has posted news about this on the front page.

And here is TFormers' main blurb before you post:

"This fandom belongs to everyone. Please feel free to exchange your opinons with one another. But please do so in a civil manner. Love your fellow Transformers fans. Don't beat them!"

I think posting spoilers can be included in this.

It's not much to ask, no...but, I think it is indeed too much to expect, especially since most members nowadays, especially in the Tranformers sections of the forum, are new members, who have just been watching the movie, and are eager to discuss it.

No, you are completely wrong. The movie forum is for movie discussion & I do expect people to have the decency (& the f***ing intelligence) to keep all movie related stuff in there. End of.

Putting "spoiler" tags on movie related stuff posted OUTSIDE OF the movie forum is a way for people that feel the need to post spoilers to do so without upsetting people. In all fairness they should just keep them posts in the movie forum.

For the record: I (personally) don't expect people to put spoiler warnings in the movie forums - that place is fair game. The rest of the board should be spoiler-free. It's off-topic & plain rude.

I've seen the movie anyway BTW!

Stop arguing for the sake of it & just try to be part of the solution please, not part of the problem.

No, you are completely wrong. The movie forum is for movie discussion & I do expect people to have the decency (& the f***ing intelligence) to keep all movie related stuff in there. End of.

Putting "spoiler" tags on movie related stuff posted OUTSIDE OF the movie forum is a way for people that feel the need to post spoilers to do so without upsetting people. In all fairness they should just keep them posts in the movie forum.

For the record: I (personally) don't expect people to put spoiler warnings in the movie forums - that place is fair game. The rest of the board should be spoiler-free. It's off-topic & plain rude.

Stop arguing for the sake of it & just try to be part of the solution please, not part of the problem.

Excuse me, but I don't take kindly to such words. I would prefer it if you assert some control over yourself from now on. Do not get personal simply because I disagree with you.

What I am saying is, that you can ask people to keep things spoiler-free, but that you cannot make it a policy. To not post spoilers is a matter of politeness. People should be made aware that forum members here appriciate it when you don't post spoilers. However, if people decide to post them anyway, I feel it is not appropriate to punish them for that. No warns, no bans or things to that extent for merely posting a spoilers, especially considering in a few months, if not weeks, the events of the movie will be considered public knowledge.

Could one not make an identical argument for the cartoon? I live in the netherlands, and I have no direct access to the Transformer cartoons. Even if they arrive here, it is usually months, if not years later. Should I demand that discussion of the various cartoons should be spoilered until I am able to see them? And what if the cartoon never is bought by a network from my nation?

My point is, you can make people aware of the norms of this forum, which include not posting spoilers, but if people don't hold to those norms, any form of punishment is not necessary. Norms are not rules, and 'not posting spoilers' is an impossible rule to maintain.

Europe? What's this about Europe not getting the movie as scheduled? Because it has been released here. Hey, the Netherlands even had an early screening at the 28th of June.

...or are we talking Great Britain? Because that ain't Europe. :P

Multiple corrections:

1) Great Britain IS in Europe (just not the European Union)

2) The Republic of Ireland* is not part of Great Britain.

3) The Republic of Ireland is part of Europe.

4) The Transformers film has not been released in either Britain or The Republic Of Ireland yet.

5) Ergo, the Transformers film has not been released in parts of Europe yet.

*That's where I live.

Europe? What's this about Europe not getting the movie as scheduled? Because it has been released here. Hey, the Netherlands even had an early screening at the 28th of June.

...or are we talking Great Britain? Because that ain't Europe. :P

Multiple corrections:

1) Great Britain IS in Europe (just not the European Union)

2) The Republic of Ireland* is not part of Great Britain.

3) The Republic of Ireland is part of Europe.

4) The Transformers film has not been released in either Britain or The Republic Of Ireland yet.

5) Ergo, the Transformers film has not been released in parts of Europe yet.

*That's where I live.

1: :P indiactes non-seriousness. In other words, a joke. I'm not known to make them, but occasionally, I attempt to do so, yes.

2: The phrase "We in Europe" references all the people of Europe. Europe, as a whole, has seen the movie released at the 4th of July, because parts of the European Union has seen it released within their border. So, the movie has been released in Europe. Just not all of Europe.

And the bold thing is punishment for dragging me into this nonsensical debate. :P

Excuse me, but I don't take kindly to such words. I would prefer it if you assert some control over yourself from now on. Do not get personal simply because I disagree with you.

What I am saying is, that you can ask people to keep things spoiler-free, but that you cannot make it a policy. To not post spoilers is a matter of politeness. People should be made aware that forum members here appriciate it when you don't post spoilers. However, if people decide to post them anyway, I feel it is not appropriate to punish them for that. No warns, no bans or things to that extent for merely posting a spoilers, especially considering in a few months, if not weeks, the events of the movie will be considered public knowledge.

Could one not make an identical argument for the cartoon? I live in the netherlands, and I have no direct access to the Transformer cartoons. Even if they arrive here, it is usually months, if not years later. Should I demand that discussion of the various cartoons should be spoilered until I am able to see them? And what if the cartoon never is bought by a network from my nation?

My point is, you can make people aware of the norms of this forum, which include not posting spoilers, but if people don't hold to those norms, any form of punishment is not necessary. Norms are not rules, and 'not posting spoilers' is an impossible rule to maintain.

You don't take kindly to what words? First off sort your head out boy, I wasn't rude to you then but believe me I will start being rude. You're the one with the bad attitude about this, not me. What is your problem? You are arguing for the sake of arguing okay, just grow up already. How about you highlight the bits where I was getting "personal" about it? I can then rub your stupid little nose in the facts.

Before you hit the report button, please take in (if you can) that I'm merely demonstrating the kind of behaviour that would warrant the idiotic response & condescending language you used to address me.

Think before you type.

Back on topic...

If you think the cartoons (or any other TF media) is anywhere near as important as the movie, then you are way off the mark. Not a good example in any way whatsoever.

At the end of the day you are completely wrong, full stop. Please refrain from trolling when you don't know what you're talking about. There is NO REASON for you to be bickering about this except to be awkward. Just stop it. Now.

Archived