DON'T POST MOVIE DISCUSSION HERE

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

Could this be pinned?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:pfx

Well said. I hope our American friends don't forget we in Europe don't get the film 'til the end of the month.

In fairness most of them have been very gentlemanly as regards spoilers. However it only takes one bad egg... and theres afew of them...

i've been using spoiler tags even in the movie forum. i agree with everybdoy here, please people post your spoilers in spoiler friendly threads. nothing worse than getting a movie spoiled for you esp one that we've waited so long to get

Guest Primal-Convoy

In Japan, we haven't seen it yet either. It comes out in August here too.

Plus, there are many USA peeps who havent seen it and many who might be waiting for the rental version to come out at say, Blockbuster.

Be careful at www.TFormers.com too as it seems there are one or two posters telling the ending of the movie at unrelated threads (like toy reviews etc) and it may or may not be the will of TFormers to delete them (Someone who will remain nameless suggested that I and anyone not wishing to view plot details without a spoiler should "avoid TFormers for some time", which is just silly and doesnt help anyone, including the growth and continuation of the site).

I'm sure if I posted links to a download or streaming link of a pirated copy of the movie then mods would be on my back, not only for the legal reasons, but also for the fact it spoils the movie enjoyment for the rest of us.

TFormers has numerous warnings to people to not hamper other fans with flames, abusive language or griping about the movie for its own sake (i gripe all the time about it) but posting what happens in the movie, with malice or just naivety, is perhaps the WORST way to spoil it all for everyone.

Europe? What's this about Europe not getting the movie as scheduled? Because it has been released here. Hey, the Netherlands even had an early screening at the 28th of June.

...or are we talking Great Britain? Because that ain't Europe. :P

Someone who will remain nameless suggested that I and anyone not wishing to view plot details without a spoiler should "avoid TFormers for some time", which is just silly and doesnt help anyone, including the growth and continuation of the site.

Speaking for myself only, and not as a Quasi-Official Representative of TFans.Com, I nearly stopped logging on to TFans altogether before the movie came out, because I didn't want to inadvertently read some assmunch's spoilery post about this, that, or the other. It really pisses me off that people don't have enough consideration for others to just STFU about stuff.

However, my personal opinion is *also* that once the movie's out, all bets are off. I am trying to keep spoilery discussion in the movie forum, but you can't be reading every post that everyone makes to make sure that nobody gives anything away. If I were living in a country where I couldn't see the movie until next month, I would turn off the computer until that point. But that's just me.

In all fairness I believe ANY movie story-related posts outside of the movie forum is off-topic at best & usually just downright rude. I know someone who can't get to see the movie until Christmas time (can't travel to a cinema & can't d/l a copy due to jumpy internets - official DVD release is his ONLY option), yeah I know, but he doesn't expect the world to revolve around him - he'll just try to avoid the spoilers. Keeping them in their relevant forum is the least people could do IMO.

SO PEOPLE PLEASE EITHER:

1) KEEP MOVIE TALK IN THE MOVIE FORUM!

Or:

2) USE SPOILER TAGS ELSEWHERE, LIKE THIS:

(I've just woke up so my sentence structure sucks BTW - good luck deciphering!)

Sod leaving it to the Mods to run around cleaning up - PLEASE just do this yourselves people.

Archived