What would you change in the movie if you could?

Deadpool

do me a favor, and don't' agree with me... ever

Don't worry I'm still young. Senility shouldn't set in for decades. Though I suppose there’s always a chance of Alzheimer’s, or a head injury…

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Brawl/Devastator should have been a regular tank. He looked very out of place amongst all of the real military vehicles. He was like something from the reject pile of G.I. Joe vehicles circa 1991.

He was a real tank, the M1 Abrams, they just added some missile pods, the "cow catchers," and the other small cannons on the second turret. All of those can be added to the tank in the real world.

No, was it a real, I wouldn't have know it until you told me. :roll My point is that the add ons looked really fake. They should just let him be a regular tank.

Except the add-ons aren't fake, here's the mine clearing blades I called the "cow catchers" earlier.

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1mcbs.htm

I've seen those exact missile pods before, but I can't seem to find them tonight.

Cow catchers. :07laugh

This reminds me of when Hornet thought Ironhide's Topkick alt mode was a fictional vehicle. :07laugh

The only vehicle that I know of that was custom made was the Ratchet emergency vehicle. Based on the H2 Hummer it is an original design that hasn't been seen elsewhere.

It wasn't a real tank, it was a prop built on a truck frame for the movie "XXX:State of the Union" to which tank-like bits were added.

Also, GMC doesn't make a "pick-up" version of the Topkick and the 2008/09 Camaro was a Pontiac GTO to which Saleen added Camaro bodywork (as the real version wasn't close to production when they filmed the movie) - so pretty much all of the Autobots were custom jobs of some sort.

May as well add Jazz to the list. To my knowledge the hardtop isn't commercially available. :07laugh

Point is however most of the vehicles were legitamate makes/models that overtook some serious customization.

I'm pretty sure Devastator was a tank. We saw him drive over cars with rolling treads.

Also the massive pinchers on the Bonecrusher Buffalo were added. Bay I believe said the online pics were doctored in CGI to look much more devastating/intimidating than they were.

Hollywood magic FTW. :07laugh

I'm pretty sure Devastator was a tank. We saw him drive over cars with rolling treads.

According to Picture Vehicle Coordinator Steve Mann, the filming prop of Brawl was a redress of tank prop made for another film. http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=11213

And a while back someone posted pics of Brawl that showed that the prop tank they reused was from "XXX: State of the Union"

This is actually a variation on a futuristic stealth tank, one the military may well use in wars to come. We had to build a lighter version, since a real tank would have been so heavy (more than 100,000 pounds) that it would have ripped open the road beneath it. We installed a Freightliner truck diesel engine and built it on a used truck chassis after cutting off the radiator and shortening the rear end. We welded lightweight 'stealth' panels around it and created a two-turret gun system that counter rotates. The only original tank parts are the tracks, which we took from another piece of heavy equipment.
Hollywood magic FTW. :07laugh

Indeed.

I thought Devastator/Brawl looked a little too light when he first appeared, rolling over those other vehicles. It was like the whole turret was wobbling. It didn't look like the real tanks that I've seen on the Military Channel and such.

Archived