Classics Continues

masterminicon

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news about the return of classics,but it concerns me that as far as i know thier has never been a single universe figure released in the u.k.

It is a bit sad about Alts but i agree that the line had run its course.

Never really got on with Titanium`S (god thats sounds terrible) but the abandonded W.W. designs would have probably swayed me towards getting all the other W.W. `s.

Damnit, stop say "Titaniums"!! It's juvenile and utterly unnecessary!! The official abbreviation for "titanium" is Ti, not Titanium. Ti looks less stupid, it's shorter to type and there's not stupid innuendo. Read your period table of elements, people!! Gah!!!

Ti.gif

Well if this doesn't scream whinygheyfanboy I don't know what does. I think its pretty accepted in the TF fandom Titaniums=Titanium Transformers not Breast/Melons/Cans/Juggies/Boobies/Ect...

Calling Classics Universe makes a lot of sense to me. Using the Universe name gives Hasbro a lot more freedom to do figures from other lines/eras has well. I'd love to see some HOS characters or some more WW guys. So calling the line Universe again is all about flexibility.

All the Titanium's I have are packed away so I'm not sad about the loss of this line. I always these molds would have been better at a larger size anyway, especially without all that metal holding back the designers.

Alts lost there appeal to me awhile back so again I don't feel any loss here. It is to bad that distribution destroyed these lines though, but you can't blame Hasbro for that. Hasbro doesn't go to Wal-Mart and say "Here have a box of Titanium to put on your shelf." Wal-Mart goes to Hasbro for figures and the retail chains just haven't been biting on these lines. Oh well, these leaves more money to put into Universe :clap

Damnit, stop say "Titaniums"!! It's juvenile and utterly unnecessary!! The official abbreviation for "titanium" is Ti, not Titanium. Ti looks less stupid, it's shorter to type and there's not stupid innuendo. Read your period table of elements, people!! Gah!!!

Ti.gif

well your the one with his head in the gutter, your the only one seeing ( o Y o ) :tftongue

Hey, anyone kow if Ti Prowl is still in the works? I love that figure and is the only one I'm probably picking up. The Ti's lacked a lot in just being stable toys. I'd still love to get Prime and prowl though but other than that I'm not too broken about it being a done deal.

Love the Alts but it was getting a little cumbersome finding places to keep them. IMO I just wish that the Alts kept the origional plan of just consisting of Autobots although I'd kill for another Shockwave.

On Universe/Classics ... Awesome! I wonder though if Hasbro would ever think of bringing in "major" auto companies as they did with Movi-formers?

naw, the Titaniums are gone unfortunately. as for classics 2.0, while it was nice that we got real vehicles, it might put to much stress on the alt mode looking better than the bot.

Saddness. That Prowl just rocked so hard I was just waiting to pick him up. Would be nice to see him in Classics 2.0 though. Even though he would be all plastic it would be worth it to me for a sturdier toy.

WW Prowl and WW Grimlock are still gonna be released. They are pretty much the last new molds from Titanium (the idea of a few last repaints was mentioned too, but I doubt they'll ever happen). Also, Hasbro said that WW Prowl and WW Grimlock will be pretty hard to find since the stores don't want to carry Titaniums anymore. This was all news I read in the botcon threads. Also, the 4 prototype Titaniums won't be made b/c they never made molds of them, so they aren't going to now (that was their excuse). However, they did say that we MAY see those designs as part of the Classics 2.0 line.

Well if this doesn't scream whinygheyfanboy I don't know what does. I think its pretty accepted in the TF fandom Titaniums=Titanium Transformers not Breast/Melons/Cans/Juggies/Boobies/Ect...

fun bags... mustn't forget fun bags.

I agree that the proper abbreviation (Ti) should be used or non at all. I just type "Titaniums" because I'm not bone idle. When I see someone use "Titaniums" (or WWI - but I'll save that for another day) I just think "Idiot!" immediately. I don't care if the term Titaniums is "accepted" or not - it's wrong & it makes people look stupid IMO.

I wasn't panning on separating them! :guh

Great news about the return of classics,but it concerns me that as far as i know thier has never been a single universe figure released in the u.k.

We got the micromaster combiners (in Cybertron packaging).

Maybe newer classics will follow suit?

Archived