Quick TF Movie Soundtrack Review

Heat Guy

the sdtk is pretty weak IMO. Also about 4 out of the 12 songs (including TF-Theme) "do not appear in film"

Which is pretty lame - considering that they left off the classic 80's stuff (which was in the film).

I would like to hear the score as well.

Amazon says:

Track Listings

1. Linkin Park/What I've Done

2. Smashing Pumpkins/Doomsday Clock

3. Disturbed/This Moment

4. Goo Goo Dolls/Before It's Too Late (Sam and Mikaela's Theme)

5. The Used/Pretty Handsome Awkward

6. HIM/Passion's Killing Floor

7. Taking Back Sunday/What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost? (Not in Film)

8. Styles Of Beyond featuring Mike Shinoda/Second To None

9. Armor For Sleep/End Of The World (Not in Film)

10. Idiot Pilot/Retina And The Sky (Not in Film)

11. Julien-K/Technical Difficulties

12. Mutemath/Transformers Theme (Not in Film)

The mutemath thingy made me giggle the first time i heard it. The second time i just rolled my eyes and turned it off.

*waits for the score along with everybody else*

seriously, that was a kick ass score! although i am partial to film scores... >_>

after having seen the movie, black lab's tf theme would have been the best for inclusion in the film and/or soundtrack because it fits in with the rest of the music they used in film.

so did they ever put a name to the band that did the other theme?

which i still haven't heard yet.

which other theme, the rappy type theme that was leaked?

it could be a different cut from mutemath, but i somehow doubt it. i'll give it a good listen when i get home and see if i recognize anything.

btw, it's all over torrent if you wanna give it a listen

When I saw a Smashing Pumpkins song in the credits I laughed to myself. They're my favorite band of all time, but an encounter with Billy Corgan one time made me kind of critical of the situation. Let me explain.

Billy Corgan (singer for Smashing Pumpkins) released a book a few years back. I went to one of his signings in Cleveland and while waiting in line I passed a Transformers book. I snagged it up and was holding it when I had him signing my book. He hardly spoke to anyone else other than the basic Hello and thanks. But he saw my book and asked what it was. I showed him and explained they were my biggest childhood heroes of all time. He then stated that he never cared for the Transformers at all. He "couldn't relate to beings that had a superior form but chose not to always stay that way." Which threw me for a loop because I never thought one form was superior to another. I said something stupid to the effect that ' well they need both forms to fit in with their surroundings." Then he said his Thanks and kind of moved on to the next signing.

But then to have one of his songs on the soundtrack - i find that extremely ironic. He might not like the Transformers, but he sure will take any money generated from them!

Archived