THE OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS MOVIE DISCUSSION THREAD

Haggisjin

Yeah - it has some cheese, but GOOD cheese!! Like Brie or Camembert level!! :D

And Frenzy really reminds me of good old Waspinator!!

I saw it a second time yesterday and wow... it's so much BETTER than I remembered it from the first time! Especially the fight scenes, which are fast and furious - when I saw it again I noticed all sorts of cool moves, like the way Bumblebee threw Barricade - at first I thought it was like a pro-wrestling lift and chuck, but it's more like a Judo over the shoulder throw, slamming Barricade into the ground!! WICKED!! (martial arts >> pro rasslin') And Megatron pulled a spinning back fist on Prime, which he dodges - you see this in the background when the humans are marking Blackout for the Raptors.

Aargh! I can't wait to see it for a third time on Tuesday!! :D

I mentioned this in another thread, but I might as well repeat it here, the sabre that Prime uses - at first I thought it was an actual energy blade, but it's actually a super-heated metal blade. After he decapitates Bonecrusher, you see the blade cooling down and you can see that it's actually metal. Still a neat tribute to G1 Prime's energy axe.

Yeah, that Nokia conversation was funny...

Simmons: "Gotta respect the Japanese. They know the way of the Samurai."

Maggie: "But Nokia comes from Finland."

Keller: "Yes, but you know... he's odd."

My favourite line atm is still the one in my signature. Oh yeah, and "Sam's Happy Time." ;D

:07dance

Fix'D in bold, and understandable, as most of the Descepticon names start with the letter 'B'

"its you and me now Megatron"

"No Prime, its just ME" :07evil

Starscream's escape from the airforce was quite sneaky, and it took me a second screening to notice that little detail :redface

What with him inserting himself into the remain formation while they chase the lead fighter.

oh and I like the little bits of teh Cybertronian language.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna see it for a third time this Thursday

first time was with my mate unfortunately he kept asking me things during the movie so it was hard to get into it though the next day I saw it alone which made up for that

so many bits just made me think OMG AWESOME!

like barricade when he said ARE YOU USERNAME LADIESMAN217?!?!?! and the big prime speeches during the dam and the end and start of the movie soo good to hear cullen

Fix'D in bold, and understandable, as most of the Descepticon names start with the letter 'B'

oops - thanks for that. :) Edit'd!

I so so so wanna learn that language!!

Heh... I'm so glad they did it... I remember four years ago posting on the Don Murphy boards and asking them if they could give the Transformers their own alien Cybertronian language and almost EVERYONE told me to STFU claiming that it was the stupidest idea that would never work etc etc.

The fanboy in me would like to believe that the decision to make a Cybertronian language came from my suggestion on the boards, but more likely there was a like-minded person on the writing team... either way, I got what I wanted, so I'm fangasmically happy.

If only they would release some document containing the linguistic notes of what they constructed for that language - much like Lord of the Rings' fourth Appendix; "Languages of Middle Earth" (which is how Tolkien nerds learn to speak Blot like Elvish, Orcish... oh wait, I'm one of such nerds...) - but yeah, I'd totally love some kind of document like that, even if it's only published on line...

oops - thanks for that. :) Edit'd!

I so so so wanna learn that language!!

Heh... I'm so glad they did it... I remember four years ago posting on the Don Murphy boards and asking them if they could give the Transformers their own alien Cybertronian language and almost EVERYONE told me to STFU claiming that it was the stupidest idea that would never work etc etc.

The fanboy in me would like to believe that the decision to make a Cybertronian language came from my suggestion on the boards, but more likely there was a like-minded person on the writing team... either way, I got what I wanted, so I'm fangasmically happy.

If only they would release some document containing the linguistic notes of what they constructed for that language - much like Lord of the Rings' fourth Appendix; "Languages of Middle Earth" (which is how Tolkien nerds learn to speak Blot like Elvish, Orcish... oh wait, I'm one of such nerds...) - but yeah, I'd totally love some kind of document like that, even if it's only published on line...

:07laugh :07laugh

At least, a guide to the hieroglyphs. I'd be extremely happy if those markings on Prime and Megatron ment something like:

NWA

OPP

Kaon 4 Life!

Born to Kill

I break for no one

Mom

Megatron called Sam a Maggot when he flees up to the roof of the building.

Much love For Ironhide, Ratchet and Jazz's actions during the battle.

As a rabid fan (with a decepticon tattoo) I loved this movie.

Megatron plucking a nearby human was one of my favorites.

Fight scenes got my blood pumping but it was a little hard to tell what was going on some times. Have to see it again.

The Decepticon roll call toward the end got me hyped the most.

Things I didn't like so much:

Jazz's voice was too much on the caricature side. Who the hell did that voice?. Breakdancing and awkard use of slang. With that said, why did he have to die? But he went out like a trooper.

Hearing Prime say "My bad" just didn't feel right. I think that was Prime.

Is it me or were there some loose ends. I get that Starscream escaped. I can't remember what happened to one of my favorites, Barricade. Did he get wasted? Was he even in the final battle? There was so much going on. I assume that Scorpinok is still on the loose.

All said and done, I will be seeing this a dozen times.

Looking forward to a sequel where we can see a little more of the Decepticons' personalities.

Haven't seen it yet, but I have to ask you guys- how was Weaving's portrayal of Megatron? What did his voice sound like?

Megatron's voice sounded a like it was enhanced a little. Couldn't really catch the Weaving touch until he used the word "compell". Guess I was waiting for him to say, "Missterr. Annnnderrson." However it was great, menacing and evil.

Did the voice sound like Welker at all (raspy, mechanical), or just evil? I'm just curious.

nokia is made in finland :lol

Keller: "Yes, but you know... he's, odd."

oh and Right Click and save as for the MP3 of the Decpeticon Theme from the movie's score

Hugo's voice and ILM's effects etc, made me Buy Leader Megatron. Got to have him, he is just so well done in the film.

oha nd the interaction between Ratchet and Ironhide in the various scenes was cool, they bicker in the background with each other (see the backyard scene for a few examples) but when it comes to fightin the Decepticons, they are all professional and on the same page.

Hey, where did you get that song? That's fantastic!

Did the voice sound like Welker at all (raspy, mechanical), or just evil? I'm just curious.

nokia is made in finland :lol

Keller: "Yes, but you know... he's, odd."

oh and Right Click and save as for the MP3 of the Decpeticon Theme from the movie's score

Hugo's voice and ILM's effects etc, made me Buy Leader Megatron. Got to have him, he is just so well done in the film.

oha nd the interaction between Ratchet and Ironhide in the various scenes was cool, they bicker in the background with each other (see the backyard scene for a few examples) but when it comes to fightin the Decepticons, they are all professional and on the same page.

Hey, where did you get that song? That's fantastic!

It was from the BK website i think, I just ripped the link :07evil

now its on my Eye tunes, and I play it everytime I transform a Decepticon or line them up in formation.

Me want a Original Soundtrack release Paramount.

Archived