THE OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS MOVIE DISCUSSION THREAD

Haggisjin

Thanks for making this thread dudes. I know a lot of people won't be able to see it for a while & I'm sure they'll appreciate not having it spoiled. :thumb

Me included... :emo

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frenzy was basically a Gremlin to me. Not that that is a bad thing, I loved it.

I loved Jazz, because he was basically G1, updated. I mean, he transformed breakdancing, and used street slang and everything. You have to respect that.

I also loved Ironhide's line of 'leaking lubricant'. Again, any G1 reference has to be appplauded.

Not to mention all the one-liners Prime made. "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings", "Autobots, roll out", "One shall stand, One shall fall" and so on.

The only thing I felt that was a bit odd was Bumblebee 'leaking lubricants' over Sector 7 Agent Simmons. I was a bit taken aback by that, because it was really odd.

OMG Prime actually uses "One shall stand one shall fall." Unless it's really effective I'm just not at all excited. The transform/roll out line however will be goosebumps all over.

Love the positive reactions to Bay's work. I've had no problem supporting him from the beginning & it's really rewarding to see he hasn't let the fans down.

Locally we have a sneak premire Monday so I may have to get in on that so I can share my thoughts as well.

Was it cheesey at all?

Yes. But in all the right ways.

OMG Prime actually uses "One shall stand one shall fall." Unless it's really effective I'm just not at all excited. The transform/roll out line however will be goosebumps all over.

Love the positive reactions to Bay's work. I've had no problem supporting him from the beginning & it's really rewarding to see he hasn't let the fans down.

Locally we have a sneak premire Monday so I may have to get in on that so I can share my thoughts as well.

The dialogue exchange between Prime and Megatron - is Priceless!

Example of cheese + %of cheesiness?

Frenzy

Sam's family and interaction between him and mikaela

the car sale scene

the dance dance scene with the cousins, lot that was a funny

and more

but, as stated earlier, all in a good way.

Yeah - it has some cheese, but GOOD cheese!! Like Brie or Camembert level!! :D

And Frenzy really reminds me of good old Waspinator!!

I saw it a second time yesterday and wow... it's so much BETTER than I remembered it from the first time! Especially the fight scenes, which are fast and furious - when I saw it again I noticed all sorts of cool moves, like the way Bumblebee threw Barricade - at first I thought it was like a pro-wrestling lift and chuck, but it's more like a Judo over the shoulder throw, slamming Barricade into the ground!! WICKED!! (martial arts >> pro rasslin') And Megatron pulled a spinning back fist on Prime, which he dodges - you see this in the background when the humans are marking Blackout for the Raptors.

Aargh! I can't wait to see it for a third time on Tuesday!! :D

I mentioned this in another thread, but I might as well repeat it here, the sabre that Prime uses - at first I thought it was an actual energy blade, but it's actually a super-heated metal blade. After he decapitates Bonecrusher, you see the blade cooling down and you can see that it's actually metal. Still a neat tribute to G1 Prime's energy axe.

Yeah, that Nokia conversation was funny...

Simmons: "Gotta respect the Japanese. They know the way of the Samurai."

Maggie: "But Nokia comes from Finland."

Keller: "Yes, but you know... he's odd."

My favourite line atm is still the one in my signature. Oh yeah, and "Sam's Happy Time." ;D

Archived