Ultimate Bumblebee

garyjale

yes, i had similar thoughts as well GUIGUI.

The scale of the toy is big enough to handle a lot of small parts.

While it would scar his vehicle mode with all the visible lines, a more movie accurate BB could be created by hacking up that hood and adding multiple joints.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the problem is people saw "Ultimate" and translated that to "Masterpiece" - which meant that it must be for adults - obviously this was never Hasbro's intention.

Perhaps they should have used "Supreme" instead - then maybe some wouldn't have got their hopes up.

You're absolutely right. That was my issue. This guy is as "Ultimate" as Supreme Starscream

I'm pretty sure they thought they'd mitigated against confusion when they didn't call it Masterpiece Bumblebee.

does anybody else think this figure would be better without the gun arm and just have a regular gun instead.

What I wanted Ultimate BBee to be was a big 12-14 inch, Realistic car looking, diecast having, ultimate Transformer with tons of articulation and is damn near 100% movie accurate in robot mode. Screw animatronics, music and a permenant gun arm.

I just want the moon.

I need to start revisiting thread I post in. I'm got dissed by someone who seems to have joined just to make one post against me :redface

To me that title "Ultimate" is just as is right up there with Masterpiece. They even call it the definitive Bumblebee in their descriptions of the guy.

To me that title "Ultimate" is just as is right up there with Masterpiece. They even call it the definitive Bumblebee in their descriptions of the guy.

"Definitive" for an adult collector or for a kid?

Peope tend to forget that Hasbro is a toy company and not a collectibles company (other than "Unleashed" perhaps, however, those usually pale when compared to McFarlane's similar offerings). They never would have done Alts, 20th Prime of MP Starscream if Takara hadn't been on board.

Peope tend to forget that Hasbro is a toy company and not a collectibles company (other than "Unleashed" perhaps, however, those usually pale when compared to McFarlane's similar offerings). They never would have done Alts, 20th Prime of MP Starscream if Takara hadn't been on board.

As this were any question

Whoops, guess it was

I think the problem is people saw "Ultimate" and translated that to "Masterpiece" - which meant that it must be for adults - obviously this was never Hasbro's intention.

Perhaps they should have used "Supreme" instead - then maybe some wouldn't have got their hopes up.

You're absolutely right. That was my issue. This guy is as "Ultimate" as Supreme Starscream

I'm pretty sure they thought they'd mitigated against confusion when they didn't call it Masterpiece Bumblebee.

does anybody else think this figure would be better without the gun arm and just have a regular gun instead.

What I wanted Ultimate BBee to be was a big 12-14 inch, Realistic car looking, diecast having, ultimate Transformer with tons of articulation and is damn near 100% movie accurate in robot mode. Screw animatronics, music and a permenant gun arm.

I just want the moon.

I need to start revisiting thread I post in. I'm got dissed by someone who seems to have joined just to make one post against me :redface

DAMMMMNNNNNN BURN!!!!!!!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.... (just joking)

I agree with Tman but I said it before I WILL get this thing for $40.

Don't like t6his thing at all.

I don't care if others love it but personally for me I have absolutely no use for a Unicron sized movie Bumblebee. It looks clunky & very uninspiring so I guess not for everyone. Best thing about this is I'm not at all disappointed, never asked for a supreme sized Bumblebee to begin with so more for you kids to enjoy.

On my end I'm perfectly content with the two deluxe Bumblebees. Plenty of detail/articulation & from a deluxe standpoint outstanding.

The only Camaro Bumblebee I want now is the PVC Cybertron heroes one.

You just said it. Takara is on board. They make all their toys just about. With Figs out like 20th Prime, Alts/BT and MP, how would I know that a 90 dollar toy labeled "Ultimate" would be way subpar the aformentioned figure lines.

Now, I can see the fun benefits of this toy and I do want one. But if I pay $90 for it, I'll feel more butt raped than when I took MP Screamer out of his box.

hay gang! well as soona as I got mine out of the box & learned all its bells & whissels, I'm know able to give an honest review. so there I was cooling my jets on my day off from my Blot hole job at target, when my bud rings me up & tells me that 2 of the ult BBs just hit shelves! so of corse I snapped up both as quick as u please! now I think I read someone worrie that it won't have rubber wheels. fret not, their rubber & have good traction. & then I read anothers comment that it looks like its been made out of "happy meal plastic", well I don't know if i'd go that far, but yes. the plastic is most deffinately VERY child safe if u get my drift. & as for the cannon arm, well it is kinda cool that he can rais it & shoot it on his own. but that's just how they should have stated it on the packageing. the review made this thing out to be able to detect sound & aim. a likly story! it will react to noise, but like I said, I wouldn't call it aimming. & YES, this is a version that's much more closer too that of a "supreme" class rather than "masterpice". still all in all, I'm glad I got it. only thing is, when they come out in full force, I'm gonna return the one I got (with some bs excuse), & calim something is wrong. reason is, I was originaly gonna get 2, but now I'm cool w/just 1. & i'd rather that 1 be carded & not opened. after all I seriously boubt i'll ever have the urge to play with it again. oops! I almost for got to tell you guyz how much I got my ult BB for. target sells it for $79.99 here n the U.S. you know, I would have much more liked a 1:18 scale BB with die-cast parts. & as long as the articulation was right up there with the MPs, I would have been more than happy to plunk down $100.00 for it. & I think it was Tman that said hasbro is'nt a collectable shop, but rather a toy store that manufactures for kids. ok I can dig that. but I say to hell with thoes crumb snatching lil maggots! let them shop in the fisher price & play school isles. but TFs BELONG TO US 30-SOMETHING YEAR OLDS!!!

I fully expect TakaraTomy to come out with a Masterpiece Bumblebee soon. We haven't had a fully articulated Wolkswagen yet. Now, I'll pay a fortune for that.

The problem is: VW isn't onboard with that, nor from the sound of it will they ever be.

Unless you want a Masterpiece Bee that's just some random econo-car like Classics.

Archived