Ultimate Bumblebee

garyjale

How is this toy MORE expensive than hasbro version of MP starscream coming out? I just don't get it. It looks like it's made from happy meal toy plastic.

Pasquale

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so the deluxe toy is more movie accurate? :lol z

I'd say they're both about the same with regard to akkuracy - the upper torso of the deluxe is a little better, but ultimate's legs and non-gun arm are better.

Perhaps you missed the pic of the back of Ultimate BB's legs.

So this thing dances or something?

I think just the upper body segments (i.e. arms, head and door "wings") move.

How is this toy MORE expensive than hasbro version of MP starscream coming out? I just don't get it. It looks like it's made from happy meal toy plastic.

See above: electronics, lights and motors.

so the deluxe toy is more movie accurate? :lol z

I'd say they're both about the same with regard to akkuracy - the upper torso of the deluxe is a little better, but ultimate's legs and non-gun arm are better.

Perhaps you missed the pic of the back of Ultimate BB's legs.

Heh, I meant from the front.

Really, no transformer is designed to be viewed from the rear.

does anybody else think this figure would be better without the gun arm and just have a regular gun instead.

What I wanted Ultimate BBee to be was a big 12-14 inch, Realistic car looking, diecast having, ultimate Transformer with tons of articulation and is damn near 100% movie accurate in robot mode. Screw animatronics, music and a permenant gun arm.

Honestly. Since when did lights and sounds replace the true grit of the Transformers legacy? I mean, this thing is supposed to be Ultimate. It should be the greatest thing invented since the refrigerator. And for the money it's asking? It needs a one-way bus ticket back to the design room.

I'm not on the Masterpieces' jock straps or anything but check the alts. For less money, they made a very nice looking car that transformed without lighting crap. BB's car mode doesn't look remotely real. Shoot, if anything, at least give the guy some rubber wheels. I'm worried that it'll be plastic.

Rant done.

BIG GLITZY TOYS ARE FOR LITTLE BORED KIDS

JEEEEEEZZZZZUSSSSSSS

This is on par with those ginormous cheaply-made but expensive radio-controlled cars that I see parents snap up all the time for their kids.

I think the problem is people saw "Ultimate" and translated that to "Masterpiece" - which meant that it must be for adults - obviously this was never Hasbro's intention.

Perhaps they should have used "Supreme" instead - then maybe some wouldn't have got their hopes up.

Archived