bad qc on masterpeice prime?

that white prime rip off

okay i got the hasbro masterpeice prime when he first came out a few years back. dont get me wrong i love this figure. but the first time i transformed his foot. it fell off. an after that every time you even move his foot, it falls off. cut to last year. my wife got me dvd edition master peice prime on clearance at wall mart. so now i have 2 masterpeice primes and i can leave one in truck mode and not worry about the originals shoddy foot right? wrong. the new one also has a foot issue. he came assembled w/ 2 right feet. wich not only messes up the patterns of his toe/taillights, his foot cant flatten out all the way when in truck mode cuz it dont line up all the way. his shoulder is also stiff to the point of hindering transformation. i was wondering if anyone else had qc issues with their masterpieces?

as an ironic side note, with all the qc issues in the new movie line, i have to say my new leader prime is flawless

my MP convoy had problems with a knee spring that i replaced with one form a 20th annie but apart from that ive had no issues with the guy and to be fair given how complex toys TF's have become QC is always going to be an issue

sledgehammer incident?

Yeah, I got so pissed off with MP-01's weak knees, loose flaps in its alt mode (for the front of the truck) and it gimpy hands (can't even hold on to its own gun), plus on top of the broken foot, knee, and loose head covering, I got frustrated and smashed it with a sledgehammer. I bought the 20th Anniversary version the next day and it was much better than MP-01.

Thats a quality story!!! I just sold mine because it pissed me off so much, the left leg was so loose it fell out of the socket if moved which was crap, I didnt get another MP prime I bought Magnus MP-02 instead which is awesome and has never given me any problems (touch wood)

Wow, so I guess the point one can take from this thread is that MP bad, 20th good, correct? I'm building up to convincing my wife to let me buy a version of this toy, so this thread has been very usefull, thanks everyone.

The mold in general tends to have knee and ankle issues. Though 20th Prime seems to have the knee problem less then MP-1. Of course he also has the short stacks, though you can buy replacement long stacks from various EBay vendors if you look hard enough. My 20th Prime has the ankle problem, but he can still pull off most poses, I added a little clear nail polish to the ankle ball joint which helped immensely.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought mine when it first came out. Seen it at Wally world both feet in package was off. Told the manager he said he would sell it to me for $15 I said hell yeah it was the one with the grey gun. But yeah some times when I pick him up they just fall off.

Archived