Most disappointing TF

Calcifer

My selections are the TFs that gets a lot of hype but doesn't live up to that hype. My most disappointing TF to date is easily RID Optimus Prime, hands down. I was expecting a Transformer, not a 50 piece jigsaw puzzle.

Honorable mentions

Classics Jetfire - transformation schema was awfully pathetic when it comes to its price point. Didn't look all that great, either.

Armada Optimus Prime - I don't know what's worse, the cab or its automatic transformation trailer gimmick, but I'm sure its super brick mode is the worst part.

G2 Megatron - see Classics Jetfire.

Optimal Optimus - still to this day I don't know what its alt-modes are.

TM2 Scourge - This one is self-explanatory. I've seen roadkills less messy than this figure.

Energon Optimus Prime - I wish Hasbro/Takara took more than 3 seconds designing this toy.

G1 Fortress Maximus - Sure, it's big, but like Classics Jetfire and G2 Megatron, you basically get a basic TF price range transformation schema with a hefty price tag attached to it. The fortress and "city" modes weren't all that impressive. I had this guy in storage most of the time before I sold it.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the first four 6`titaniums at the same time,opened them and they just fell apart in my hands.Then i started noticing the other problems.............I was GUTTED.

I didnt have really high hopes for movie Megs but seriously a little bit of articulation would have gone a long way.

Oh and the Real gear gamboy thing,the first T.F. i have actually thrown in the bin.

Finaly Energon Prime ....He`s FAT.

machine wars Optimus prime.. It only looks good in truck mode!!!

Eww! You bought that thing? :07evil

I wondered across this toy back during it's original release in a KB. There wasn't much of an Internet then or anything so I was completely shocked/awed/in love with it. The box showed a cool robot with lots of guns, sporting the iconic prime face.... then I opened it :tflaugh :redface :grr.... I still like his truck mode though.

I got the first four 6`titaniums at the same time,opened them and they just fell apart in my hands.Then i started noticing the other problems.............I was GUTTED.

I didnt have really high hopes for movie Megs but seriously a little bit of articulation would have gone a long way.

Oh and the Real gear gamboy thing,the first T.F. i have actually thrown in the bin.

Finaly Energon Prime ....He`s FAT.

Yeah, Movie Megatron COULD have been better with articulation.

Guest ultraprime

That is the only prime i have that i dont have 2 of....... :tdown

Guest ultraprime

That is the only prime i have that i dont have 2 of....... :tdown

You better get another one before they go up in value.

i dont collect to gain money

i buy 2 of each to have them in both modes on display.

Machine wars robot mode sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived