Most disappointing TF

Calcifer

Any of the seekers. I thought G1 toys looked cool in pictures...not so in person.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 inch Titaniums. I've never been disappointed with every purchase back to back like I have with them. At least when I was in my G1 reissue phase, I knew what I was getting into but just like Dark Narc said about the G1 guys, I think the Titaniums are better in pictures and MISB period.

The most recent let down i can think of is Ironhide. Lack of paint apps, two tone black on flat bed, dull black paint overall.

Connector peg at waist is overly tight fit resulting in fear of breakage.

Speed Dial 800 was a disappointment considering he was the first TF I ever got to break due to bad QC.

Let me guess: Leg pops off?

I really like it though......

Then there was alternator prime. He just does not like Transforming at all.

...as i said to someone else, it looks like a Gobot wearing a powersuit.

I think the Titaniums are better in pictures and MISB period.

They're little more than mini statues. Although if you had to lob The Fallen at someone, they may regret it.

Edit* I didn't read the first post. Only figs you bought.

If Titaniums are meant to be statues, they arent all that pretty. Rodimus Prime has to be the most disappointing of all. He looks stupid out of box. In box, when I opened my shipment from HTS, he was pure love at first sight. My coworker even went, "Whoa! That's cool!" I opened him and :note Boom bom ba booom Waaaaaaaaah :note *Price is right loser music*

Probably only Cyb Thundercracker, the figure is nice, but that freaking arm aaggg!

Any of the seekers. I thought G1 toys looked cool in pictures...not so in person.

I grew up with them and I STILL catch myself thinking that... stupid pictures and their deceptive qualities

For me it'd be BW Rhinox. I tried and tried and tried to tell myself that he wasn't a total pile of sh*t. I failed.

RID sideswipe. ugh.

The spychanger? :tfhuh

I'm guessing you meant sideburn. :tftongue

I've got several that I regret buying, but the biggest disappointment was E. Demolisher. I thought he looked dumb from the first pic I saw of him, but pretty much every review I saw said how much he rocked. I believed, bought, and felt incredibly disappointed.

Really? I love G1 seekers.

RID sideswipe. ugh.

Heh. I'm the other way around on that toy. I paid 27 freaking euros for the red repaint and I'm not even sorry for it.

I have 2 sealed ones sitting here... :redface

My list of disappointing TF`s

E. Scorpinok

Alt. Sideswipe

Alt. Dead end

Universe Smoke screen

BM silver bolt

RID Grimlock

20th Anniversary DVD edition DVD not included Optimus prime

Archived