What mainline movie toys are selling out

Bizzmoff

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Megatron is sold out in several places, including HasbroToyShop. That may just be because a full wave of him hasn't been released yet (wave 1 was mostly Primes sprinkled with Megatrons).

I don't see Bumblebee a whole lot. Blackout also seems to be popular. Scorponok and Starscream too.

The Robot Heroes are also selling out (and/or aren't getting restocked as often). I would like to take that as a good sign that sales are exceeding initial expectations...

There's always Unleashed Bumblebees to be had.

I've been to two wal-marts and one had everything in abundance. The other had zero BB's, no SS's, and I didn't see any BO's either. The second one I went to that seemed to be selling out of figures strangely had plenty of Megatrons, almost as many if not more than they had Primes. I wish I could pick them all up at once, but I'm gonna have to stick to one or two a week.

Bumblebee and Barricade might have been hard to find about a week and a half ago, but all of the stores around me have restocked and pretty much everything is easy to find (I can't comment on the Real Gear guys since I have zero interest in them). For some reason, only the WalMarts have been putting out movie Titaniums and they don't seem to be restocking them too quickly (but probably because they're sharing the same pegs with the slow-selling Spiderman and older TFs Ti's).

Megatron is sold out in several places, including HasbroToyShop. That may just be because a full wave of him hasn't been released yet (wave 1 was mostly Primes sprinkled with Megatrons).

From my understanding: Wave 1 was 2xPrime per case, Wave 2 was 1xPrime + 1x Megatron.

All of the WalMarts and Targets in my region have been putting out Wave 2 so there's usually a 1:1 ratio; however, the TRUs seem to still be on Wave 1 as I've yet to see a Megs in any of them.

Titanium Blackout is a major pegwarmer here...

Heh, I passed on him when I picked up Prime, I likely would have picked up Bumblebee if he'd been an '09 Camaro (I also wasn't wild about Ti BB's "IMMA SHOOTIN MAH LAZERS" eyes).

bb is actually fairly abundant here. prime and megs are selling like they're going out of style as well as ironhide and blackout. scorponok, swindle, and barricade are the three deluxes selling like hotcakes.

EDIT

oh yea, and the cullen helmet is nowhere to be found!!! i snagged the LAST one at one walmart and i havn't seen it ANYWHERE.

Megatron seems to be the hardest to find. I snagged one today after scouring 10 places and paid an arm and a leg for it. I haven't seen Jazz lately, he's the only other one I'd consider getting. As of now I have everyone from the movie except him and scorpy, but eh I'm not hunting for spikey legs. Also I got the only Booster 10x I've seen for sale. Every other real gear is just sitting there.

Archived