A sword for Prime...

Trioxin Undead

I have a couple of spare swords/blades from other figures and I was hoping I could pass one off for Prime's blade shown in the new trailers. Here's what I have so far...

1005745ff3.jpg

1005750sg7.jpg

I've just got to add some orange paint to it, to try and achieve the glowing look. I tried to use an orange sharpie type marker, but most of it just rubbed off. Which sword do you think would look better. I think the smaller one is more movie accurate as far as the shape of it, but the other one is, well longer. The longer one is also thicker, so I'd have to find another way to secure it to his arm, rather than just slide it under the panel.

I don't remember seeing it in the trailer either, but he does have one which he uses

to decapitate Bonecrusher, just after impaling his neck!

The best thing to use is actually one of Wreckage's blades as it visually looks the most similar to Prime's energy sword.

I don't remember seeing it in the trailer either, but he does have one which he uses

to decapitate Bonecrusher, just after impaling his neck!

The best thing to use is actually one of Wreckage's blades as it visually looks the most similar to Prime's energy sword.

There's a new commercial out (I saw it tonight while watching Family Guy on Fox) and there's a flash of a sword with Optimus wielding it.

Makes me wonder if this is somehow some type of nod to G1 Prime's energon axe. Then again, I might be overreaching with that.

I don't think that's an overreaching assumption. The writers said they had watched a ton of the old toons. And Trioxin, if you could somehow cut off the tip of the rounded blade and put that on the end of the longer one I think it would be perfect. It'll take some steady hands and some good epoxy or superglue, but I think it would look awesome. Btw, what are those swords from anyways?

I don't think that's an overreaching assumption. The writers said they had watched a ton of the old toons. And Trioxin, if you could somehow cut off the tip of the rounded blade and put that on the end of the longer one I think it would be perfect. It'll take some steady hands and some good epoxy or superglue, but I think it would look awesome. Btw, what are those swords from anyways?

Well thanks for the support STJ.

Also, yeah. Where are those swords from. I'd like to maybe look into getting some of them.

Archived