Have you ever seen a CHILD buy a TF??

UltraMarknus

Kids? yes. Parents shopping for kids? yes.

Sometimes I debate about whether or not I should offer some helpful buying advice to the moms, but I figure they'd probably just think I was some kind of freak or something.

You should buy one of those "I 'heart' Hot Moms" t-shirts and hang out in the toy aisle.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kids? yes. Parents shopping for kids? yes.

Sometimes I debate about whether or not I should offer some helpful buying advice to the moms, but I figure they'd probably just think I was some kind of freak or something.

You should buy one of those "I 'heart' Hot Moms" t-shirts and hang out in the toy aisle.

*snort*

I've seen kids with their moms race over, dashing up and down the aisles.

One of the most memorable moments was this one kid, about 10, who looked through every Deluxe they had (Classics was out, and Wave 2 just hit shelves). "Mooom, I can't find Cliffjumper!" His mom said "But according to the picture on the back, he looks just like that yellow one you have." "I gotta have it, 'cuz he's red and red is cooler than yellow! Besides, Cliffjumper uses a big gun in the cartoon and nearly blasts Megatron - and would have if hound hadn't distracted him!" I later spotted him looking at the GI Joe figures saying, "This one's got a great gun for Cliffjumper!"

A 10 yr old G1 fanatic. Gotta love it. :D

Mostly kids & their parents. I never see adult collectors, except at conventions.

I saw it happen when I was a kid as well. Nowadays, I'd say I've seen mostly parents shopping for kids, then adult fans, and very rare kids themselves poking their noses around them but never buying them.

Only time I ever go shopping is during term time (Lord bless you school, for keeping the ankle biters away from me) so not really.

Although I got a filthy looks from the people at Tesco's when I buy them from there (Ocassionally, it's too far out of the way for me to bother most of the time)

A bunch of times, saw a kid argue with his mom that Optimus Prime is way cooler than Jack Sparrow (the pirates 3 toys were right next to the transformers). Mom kept insisting on the Jack Sparrow toy but the kid wanted Optimus.

I hardly see adult fans, maybe I'll see one or two at a TRU buying a Marvel Legend or Wrestling figures. I see more parents with kids buying them but never kids buying on their own.

Oh, I definitely see more scalper's these days especially at TRU & Target before it opens and they straight to Hot Wheels, Wrestling then SW and not TF's thankfully.

If I go on the weekend/school breaks, then maybe to occasionally.

During school, late night, etc., no.

But all I know is bright and early Sunday July 15 I'm heading over to Target to check out Wave 4 deluxes to pick me '08 Bumblebee. Luckily, as early as I'm going (almost literally when Target opens), there aren't going to be a whole lot of shoppers.

Gotta love early day shopping :D It's best cause they're freshly restocked from the day before, and no grubby hands will get the only ones they have of a certain figure that will be gone by the time I get there (however I will be looking the days before as well).

Archived