Leader Prime owners a question for you.

FREEFALLL666

The figure is fantastic, but does anyone else think that the blue parts that act as a ratchet hinge for the knees are backwards? Has anyone unscrewed his legs and reversed them?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes you think they're backwards? Mine work fine too, as far as I can tell. Then again, maybe yours did end up backwards, who knows? HTH

Sicne we're talking about Leader OP's legs, FWIW, I modded the backs of his legs for 2 more points of ratcheting, see here:

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=69510

What makes you think they're backwards? Mine work fine too, as far as I can tell. Then again, maybe yours did end up backwards, who knows? HTH

Sicne we're talking about Leader OP's legs, FWIW, I modded the backs of his legs for 2 more points of ratcheting, see here:

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=69510

You just answered your own question, i think those tabs are supposed to be forward.

If you look at some pictures of Prime.

OptimusPrime.jpg

OptimusPrime-1.jpg

See his knees, if you look and notice the two sides that look like prongs with something stuck between them, the knees on Leader Prime are the same way.

Plus this picture only reaffirms my statement that Leader Prime is movie accurate. If you look at his thighs, you see his other four wheels aside from the two at his ankles.

The only thing about him that's not movie accurate is his transformation. But if you look at him in either mode and ignore the way he goes about transforming, he's pretty much 99% movie accurate. The 1% is the back of him. Namely on the torso area (ignoring the wheels since to me they're accurate enough that it's part of the 99%).

More, much more accurate than Robovision/Voyager Prime (who I'm not saying is a bad figure, but it's just I can't get beoynd the truck nose backpack (plus I've heard increasing complaints about some things here and there about him).

The pegs are there to keep his knees from buckling under the weight of his upper body while bent. However, his knee joints are well made and the bash that hiphoptimus did is a good one.

OptimusPrime.jpg

OptimusPrime-1.jpg

See his knees, if you look and notice the two sides that look like prongs with something stuck between them, the knees on Leader Prime are the same way.

Plus this picture only reaffirms my statement that Leader Prime is movie accurate. If you look at his thighs, you see his other four wheels aside from the two at his ankles.

The only thing about him that's not movie accurate is his transformation. But if you look at him in either mode and ignore the way he goes about transforming, he's pretty much 99% movie accurate. The 1% is the back of him. Namely on the torso area (ignoring the wheels since to me they're accurate enough that it's part of the 99%).

More, much more accurate than Robovision/Voyager Prime (who I'm not saying is a bad figure, but it's just I can't get beoynd the truck nose backpack (plus I've heard increasing complaints about some things here and there about him).

Masterminicon. Go back and look at your figure again, and those pics, The Leader class Prime does not have his wheels on the upper legs like they're supposed to. They're behind the legs. Secondly, if you look at the rendering, the rear fenders are not still over the wheels. It looks like they end up as part of his torso. Also, the arms of the Leader class Prime are radically different than the movie model's, particularly the forearms, which are significantly larger and bulkier. Therfore, no, the Leader class Prime is not 99% movie accurate. It is far from it. It is not much more movie accurate than Voyager class Prime. The look of the chest is wrong too. It's much too blocky, and the doors don't open out enough. The only thing they did get "right" aesthetically, is the knees.

OptimusPrime.jpg

OptimusPrime-1.jpg

Masterminicon. Go back and look at your figure again, and those pics, The Leader class Prime does not have his wheels on the upper legs like they're supposed to. They're behind the legs. Secondly, if you look at the rendering, the rear fenders are not still over the wheels. It looks like they end up as part of his torso. Also, the arms of the Leader class Prime are radically different than the movie 's, particularly the forearms, which are significantly larger and bulkier. Therefore, no, the Leader class Prime is not 99% movie accurate. It is far from it. It is not much more movie accurate than Voyager class Prime. The look of the chest is wrong too. It's much too blocky, and the doors don't open out enough. The only thing they did get "right" aesthetically, is the knees.

Sorry if you can't stand people not liking the Robovision/Voyager Prime as much as you tramp. But if anything, I'm right.

But WraithVerge has a point. Neither can be 100% movie accurate, but as far as closeness is concerned, Leader Class Prime wins the contest.

Archived