Um, maybe its this toy but are TFs overpriced

Corvis Prime

I figure it like this, the toys are complicated and alot more goes into it then used to. I mean G1 reissues are 20 bucks for autobots and 30 for decepticon seekers. These toys have the least amount of play value over anything that has come out since. I have bought Red alert, Silverstreak, and Skids, and they just stand there in robot mode. True they are classics, but they are the same price as the new delux and super lines for energon. True I agree that the sounds and electronics are an unessary part of the toy and could be just as good if not better without them. My Armada Prime has never made sounds (my fault I believe) and only his light in his hand works as far as electronics go, but it is still a great figure.

So no, toy prices are not going up, its just that we are buying them now instead of our parents. Which sucks because we all have an appreciation and understanding of money now, which makes it alot harder to seperate it from us.

So yes the G1 reissures are made of die cast, yes the Energon characters are made of plastic. They cost about the same price, you decide which is better, the G1 Die cast with no articulation and simple transformation or the Energon Plastic with limitless articulation and show accurate transformations?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transformers are expensive because they are NOT the average toy. That's why they're caleld TRANSFORMERS. Go home, take out Unicron or another big Transformer and look at it. Study it. You'll see seems anda lot of screws. There's many joints. The cost comes from the fact that the Transformers require many more parts in order to make them.

It's a fact folks, Transformers toys are much more complex than the average toy on the shelf. Which is why Transformers are so much. But don't you love them regardless?

Yes, I feel TFs are over priced in some cases.

I own the Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure and he by no means feels or looks cheap. He's almost just as heavy as 20th Ann. Optimus, extremely detailed and has 67 points of articulation. When I saw the poses this Fig could get into, the size and the $24 price, I couldn't believe it.

I don't think all of the TFs are over priced. It's just figs like Energon Optimus. He shouldn't be more then $29 at the most. Any one remember the extremely well put together Supreme Cheetor at $39.99. By the time I got him he was $9.99 at amazon.com. The newest rip off are TRU G1 figs. $29.99 for Inferno and Grapple?

Archived