Um, maybe its this toy but are TFs overpriced

Corvis Prime

Hell, $50 for Unicron is cheap if you ask me. Ever take apart even a simple TF? Look at all the tiny little parts that all have to be made to a pretty exact tolerance. You;ll have more intricate parts than fingers and toes, even on a minibot. Considering the parts for a Star Wars or other action figure arent nearly as many and dont have to move as much, Id say they are more overpriced. But again, its a matter of opinion. If you wound up with something that you really like and are happy with your purchase, then its money well spent.

Thats true, you made some really good points....the best being "If you wound up with something that you really like and are happy with your purchase, then its money well spent". :pfx

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Krusty The Klown

yes tf toys are expensive

but the reason they are expensive is cuz your paying for them not gettin mommy/daddy to buy them, its your own hard earned money, and thats why i put tidal wave back on the self today

then i picked up metroid zero mission, i saved $30 for about 3 minutes

I guess Im the king of my own quote, because before I found out the Alternators were only $20, I more or less had it in my mind that when Hound came out, there was $100 of my money with his name on it! I figured that for this kind of detail, that was the price, no ifs ands or buts. What a cool surprise!

Prices are getting a little high in my opinion. I know that some of it is because of the electronics, but I think the electronics aren't necessary. Most of the time, the electronic lights and sound are an annoyance.

I know I'm not the only one who took the batteries out of Energon Scorkonok to save their sanity.

When you consider that Alternators is creating a superior transformer with complex transformations and model quality looks for 20 bucks a pop, you can see that electronics are overrated.

No don't get me wrong, I have bought G1, RID, ARMADA, UNIVERSE, ALTERNATORS, and ENERGON and I believe that every line has it's good points and bad points. I just feel that sometimes the toy companies believe that gimmicks are more important than quality and price.

Guest Krusty The Klown

'I know I'm not the only one who took the batteries out of Energon Scorkonok to save their sanity.'

i didnt even remove the tab! its still inside!

Generally, the prices are pretty good. There are plenty of Energon toys that are $7 and $10. Although, I do wish the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime were cheaper. Why can Unicron be $45 and Prime can't? :tfgrin

Dude, you said it about the electronics. Annoying, useless crap. True, you can 86 the batteries. But you still have to live with the other side effects of that garbage being added in. If it werent for all that crap being added on, E. Ironhide wouldnt look retarded in truck mode.

Archived