Um, maybe its this toy but are TFs overpriced

Corvis Prime

If you work out inflation, they're not even *that* much marked up... a Seeker was 15-20 (depending on where you bought it) back in 1984-85. They'd be about oh.. 32.40 or so (if i'm doing the math right, which i'm probably not :D). So they're not *that* much bumped up.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you work out inflation, they're not even *that* much marked up... a Seeker was 15-20 (depending on where you bought it) back in 1984-85. They'd be about oh.. 32.40 or so (if i'm doing the math right, which i'm probably not :D). So they're not *that* much bumped up.

i always forget about inflation :tfgrin

either way , its still way cheaper than my other collecting hobby. Sythensisers and other various electronic music hardware.

THEY are a rip off. I went to star wars because of its price. 5$ for star wars apposed to 10$ for transformers. Yet too bad for us they will only raise the prices.

star wars toys dont have too transform though, and are generally smaller. Plus they are molds of existing character designs, hasbro doesnt have to pay product designers.

LOL...you forget though...are we into t-formers because it's caust effective? If that was the case I'd collect paper bags from supermarkets...or beer cans...

We are fans because we love our toys...these specific toys. All of us at one point have gone to e-bay and debated spending too much money for one toy...We waste gas going to TRU or Walmart to find that exclusive...I hate to say it...but we all must have some disposable income to burn on this colored plastic, but you know what? I doubt we would have it any other way. I look at my display and I'm like "heh that's cool" while my friends roll their eyes and laugh. Hell I sign on by a cheezy fake name to talk to other guys with cheezy fake names just because we all have the same interest! (Btw, real name is Dave, how you all doin'?) We waste our time, our money...and love it...nor do we consider it wasteful...

We Are Transformer fans.

ok...wow...didn't mean to do the essay lol...

LOL...you forget though...are we into t-formers because it's caust effective? If that was the case I'd collect paper bags from supermarkets...or beer cans...

We are fans because we love our toys...these specific toys. All of us at one point have gone to e-bay and debated spending too much money for one toy...We waste gas going to TRU or Walmart to find that exclusive...I hate to say it...but we all must have some disposable income to burn on this colored plastic, but you know what? I doubt we would have it any other way. I look at my display and I'm like "heh that's cool" while my friends roll their eyes and laugh. Hell I sign on by a cheezy fake name to talk to other guys with cheezy fake names just because we all have the same interest! (Btw, real name is Dave, how you all doin'?) We waste our time, our money...and love it...nor do we consider it wasteful...

We Are Transformer fans.

ok...wow...didn't mean to do the essay lol...

Before I got into transformers, I was collecting Drum machines ,Sythesisers , and keyboards. Those could cost anywhere from $350 - $2000. Transformers are a pretty cheap hobby. Well unless your a G1 completist :D

Hell, $50 for Unicron is cheap if you ask me. Ever take apart even a simple TF? Look at all the tiny little parts that all have to be made to a pretty exact tolerance. You;ll have more intricate parts than fingers and toes, even on a minibot. Considering the parts for a Star Wars or other action figure arent nearly as many and dont have to move as much, Id say they are more overpriced. But again, its a matter of opinion. If you wound up with something that you really like and are happy with your purchase, then its money well spent.

Archived