Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SkyFire2001

???Hasbro Not Continuing TF Classics Line???

I don't know how popular the "line" was with kids, though. They shelfwarmed as much as the older Cybertron toys did.

I'd say the only Classics that didn't shelfwarm were Starscream and Jetfire. Until about a month ago, you could have found the remainder in an afternoon hitting only a couple of stores.

I'd also say that sales would have been worse if the line continued, the ones that were released were a "greatest hits" of popular characters, and still didn't sell that great. Aside from maybe Jazz and Sideswipe, you'd be pushing it to find any other popular characters who hadn't been recently released as a G1-homage in one of the other mainlines in the last couple of years (e.g. Wheeljack, Smokescreen, Shockwave).

Taco Bell makes this Chicken Ceasar Wrap that I love. But its one of those menu things that is on only once and in while. I know that it is only on the menu for that month when its offered. Still I wish it was on there permantly or longer than for that one month. Even though I still enjoy other stuff on the menu that are permanent.

To me its not so much that it is a shock that Classics toys has stopped. But more that I was so impressed with the line that I wish they would reconsider doing more.

Kids only buy toys of characters that mean something to them or are the villains of characters that mean something to them. I can see classics megs, prime, and starscream fitting that criteria, but none of the others. We were lucky to get what we got.

Taco Bell makes this Chicken Ceasar Wrap that I love. But its one of those menu things that is on only once and in while. I know that it is only on the menu for that month when its offered. Still I wish it was on there permantly or longer than for that one month. Even though I still enjoy other stuff on the menu that are permanent.

To me its not so much that it is a shock that Classics toys has stopped. But more that I was so impressed with the line that I wish they would reconsider doing more.

When you put it like that, Maybe Classics will come back as a filler with more new molds and then stop again.

My theory is that Hasbo intends for 6" TiTf's to fill the gap for both Classics and Alternators.

Uhhh, assuming that line isn't on hiatus, as well. :redface

My theory is that Hasbo intends for 6" TiTf's to fill the gap for both Classics and Alternators.

Uhhh, assuming that line isn't on hiatus, as well. :redface

I'm not sensing a huge push in that area... at least for non-movie Titaniums.

I swear I will never understand the obsession about Classics. You'd think it was the second coming of Jesus Christ or something. There were some good figures, some great figures, some mediocre figures, just like any other line.

BUT OMG THIS IS TEH GEEWUN HOMAGE!!!!!!1 so I guess that makes these toys better somehow

Kids only buy toys of characters that mean something to them or are the villains of characters that mean something to them. I can see classics megs, prime, and starscream fitting that criteria, but none of the others. We were lucky to get what we got.

And your right. But with the movie coming out Ironhide, Rachet, and Jazz will now gain more popularity with the kids. Which should be no problem for them to make Classics versions and capture kids interest. The Jazz movie repaint is a nice nod but his bot mode doesn't really blend in with the Classics toys, as far their toy style.

my classics shelf is filled with g1 homages that aren't classics :tflaugh so I don't really get it either, we've always had homages. Not that I don't love classics, but as a line is it better than say Armada? No.

And your right. But with the movie coming out Ironhide, Rachet, and Jazz will now gain more popularity with the kids. Which should be no problem for them to make Classics versions and capture kids interest. The Jazz movie repaint is a nice nod but his bot mode doesn't really blend in with the Classics toys, as far their toy style.

but what you are missing is that it will be the movie versions of iron hide, ratchet, and jazz that mean something to them. You can't just slap a name on a figure and expect it to mean something. Did you buy armada Smokescreen because he was called smokescreen?

my classics shelf is filled with g1 homages that aren't classics :tflaugh so I don't really get it either, we've always had homages. Not that I don't love classics, but as a line is it better than say Armada? No.

but what you are missing is that it will be the movie versions of iron hide, ratchet, and jazz that mean something to them. You can't just slap a name on a figure and expect it to mean something. Did you buy armada Smokescreen because he was called smokescreen?

I didn't buy any Armada toys because they suck! IMO of course. Besides they should be used to it, if they collected cybertron atleast.

I agree with you here, the real hard-core fans stand by what the character really means to them, besides Armada really did suck.

• Find Transformers on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE