???Hasbro Not Continuing TF Classics Line???

SkyFire2001

I didn't care in the first place. And if you do, open a topic about it.

then why post that "i don't care"... if you didn't care, you wouldn't have read all of that...

anyway, I think the classics line and the alternators are going to be the last of my collection that I sell... the alts are the best bar none IMO and the classics trailed right behind.

I feel that they would make a nice profit just giving us repaints from previous lines that would satisfy us G1 fan boys and be able to keep whatever line going.

G1 repaint of energon omega comes to mind as one that would fly off the shelves.

As far as the comment about the toys being for kids, I have seem more "collector" guys buying the toys more so than kids saying "mom, by this for me!!!".

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't care in the first place. And if you do, open a topic about it.

then why post that "i don't care"... if you didn't care, you wouldn't have read all of that...

anyway, I think the classics line and the alternators are going to be the last of my collection that I sell... the alts are the best bar none IMO and the classics trailed right behind.

I feel that they would make a nice profit just giving us repaints from previous lines that would satisfy us G1 fan boys and be able to keep whatever line going.

G1 repaint of energon omega comes to mind as one that would fly off the shelves.

As far as the comment about the toys being for kids, I have seem more "collector" guys buying the toys more so than kids saying "mom, by this for me!!!".

I did not mean to start this thread to state Hasbro does not care about all the fans, just it does not make any sense to discontinue a product line that was started less than a year ago that appealed more than the 5+ year-old kids. Also I agree, these days it's more of the "collector" that hits the toy isles than the kids begging mommy or daddy to buy them a particular toy. Think about it, Hasbro must spend for a lot of time and research to make sure that each of the Classic, Alternator, etc products are as accurate as they can get in a cost-effective manner as possible.

I just can't take someone saying "Doesn't Hasbro CARE about the fans" and lived through the Robot Heroes, Titanium line, Masterpiece Prime, Alternators, Classics, RIDICULOUS amount of homages in Energon and Cybertron, Beast Wars Reissues, G1 Reissues, Micromaster combiners in universe, AND Universe Skywarp seriously.

Many of which were never distributed anywhere. They cared enough to make them, just not enough to put them in stores. Thanks Hasbro, you're all heart.

I just can't take someone saying "Doesn't Hasbro CARE about the fans" and lived through the Robot Heroes, Titanium line, Masterpiece Prime, Alternators, Classics, RIDICULOUS amount of homages in Energon and Cybertron, Beast Wars Reissues, G1 Reissues, Micromaster combiners in universe, AND Universe Skywarp seriously.

Many of which were never distributed anywhere. They cared enough to make them, just not enough to put them in stores. Thanks Hasbro, you're all heart.

Proving my point beautifully. We're not where the money is.

And that I don't care about the classics, doesn't mean I don't like to Starscream about it.

I got to admit, it will be a shame (albeit not a big surprise) to see the Classics line disappear into obscurity. I daresay I may not be the only one here who actually enjoyed seeing modern takes on all the familiar G1 TFs; it was nice to see Megatron back as a gun again :thumb But once the movie has been and gone, I would not mind if Hasbro decided to maybe release the odd new Classics design now and again...

TF Classics - gone, but not forgotten (at least by me, anyway)

I did not mean to start this thread to state Hasbro does not care about all the fans, just it does not make any sense to discontinue a product line that was started less than a year ago that appealed more than the 5+ year-old kids.

Don't take it to personal, we have better thing to flame discuss about like movie designs, what/who throwback from G1 will be in the next movie, ect... If we're even remotely lucky they'll toss a few classics at us after the movie and then drumbeat will start all over again.

P.S. Bay wants to kill your childhood and Hasbro doesn't really care about the fans :thumb

:tflaugh okay I kid, I kid...kinda :tflaugh1

By all means, let's belittle the fan who is unhappy that a very nicely done line of toys was too short-lived. Original poster, I agree with you, and would be very disappointed if Classics didn't come back after the movie toys.

By all means, let's belittle the fan who is unhappy that a very nicely done line of toys was too short-lived. Original poster, I agree with you, and would be very disappointed if Classics didn't come back after the movie toys.

now that we have your permission. The point is, how many fricken threads about classics being done do we need before everyone is like "oh hey, maybe classics are done"... We've known from the get go that it was just a filler line.

I really would like to know why everyone is so surprised. Before Classics even started, Hasbro blatantly told us it was a filler line leading up to the movie. Why the shock? We were lucky to get it in the first place.

Archived