Could we see not only Mass Shifting, but a triple changer in the next movie?

masterminicon

Now, Tramp, don't go getting another thread locked. I just have this to say:

Whether you like it or not, Mass conversion is part of the mythos,

Pretenders are a part of the mythos, too. I don't expect them to show up in the movies, either. Nor do I expect or want to see movie Throttlebots, Firecons, Fuzors or Breast Force (*insert Megan Fox joke here*). There's a ton of the mythos that's never going to end up on the silver screen.

and can be done logically without a bunch of unnecessarily extranious explaination.

But it will require some explanation. And I happen to think the screentime used on the explanation, even if it's only ten seconds, could be put to better use.

Secondly, yes, it should be brought in, and Soundwave would be the most approptriate character to bring it in with. Don Murphy sad they wanted to do Soundwave right. The roght way to do Soundwave is as a form or stereo audio electronics, and to have him mass convert to a full size mechanoid. you cannot do Soundwver properly without Mass conversion.

"Proper" in this case is a matter of opinion. And nothing in Don Murphy's quotes suggests that what he meant by "proper" includes mass shifting. Also, Don Murphy doesn't get everything he wants. He backed Welker for Megatron in this film.

And, finally, Soundwave has had more non-mass shifting alt. modes than he has had mass shifting alt. modes.

That is all.

No, but pretenders, Breastforce, and such have not been a staple of the TF mythos from the very beginning and consistantly throughout the series. Mass conversion has. Secondly, it isn't just Don Murphy, but Hasbro that said Soundwave had to mass convert. "Proper" is how the producers, and Hasbro want him as well as the majority of fans, and not just on this board. Hasbro, and the majority of fans, I have read about and heard in the various Q&A's want Soundwave as a stereo an to mass convert. That may not be a popular vuiew here on this board, but over all, it is what people want. They want Soundwave to be as close to the iconic Soundwave as possible, and that means transforming into a piece of large portable stereo audio electronics, with the ability to Mass convert. That is his most iconic form in an updated fashion. When most people think of Soundwave, they think of his original G1 incarnation, not the Machine Wars version, not the Cybertron version, and certainly not that little Go-Bots version. His G1 form is the most iconic form of Soundwave, and poeple want to see a version of that form updated to the new technology of today. The only way to do that is to have him mass convert just as he did in G1. That is why they kept Soundwave out of the first movie.

Seconldy, Mass conversion does not require any more explaination than transforming robotic life forms from another planet do, and it was simply accepted in the original series without any "explaination" for nearly 20 years. Soundwave grew in size when he transformed into robot mode, and shrunk when transforming to alt mode. It was simply the way it was, and people accepted it. It is a fantastic element, but no more fantastic than transforming robotic life forms, no more fantastic than combiners, no more fantastic than anything else in the TF mythos. Some people may not like it, but that does not make it something that should be eliminated from the mythos or never explored in the movie.

You don't like mass conversion, which is fine. However, others, myself and the author of this thread included do like it and feel it not only can fit into the next movie, but should. You are not going to change that view. Therfore, let those of us who do want it have our say, and don't tear us apart for wanting to see mass conversion in the next movie.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tidalwave? Yes. Screw Broadside, make Tidalwave happen! He could even keep his crappy Ramjet partner, he's a great little bowtie. Just think about it for a moment:

A large shadow dooming in from the background, evil red eyes light up and then DESTRUCTIONS!!! Fiant Guckking Robot!

An aircraft carrier in the sequel can only be a Giant Powerglideing Robot like Tidal Wave. Why ? Just because Michael Bay said it was too expensive to make now but I'm sure that with the millions dollars benefits Transformers will make, we'll be surprised by Transformers 2 :thumb

Sorry . Back to the topic. Except the problem of mass shifting, a triple changer can be made realistically thanks to the hundreds or thousands of moving parts as staded by Bay. Remember Blitzwing's tank mode was ok but its' fighter mode was ?! even in the cartoon

Or they could just make up a completely new Triple Changer

Whatever Triple Changer they make is going to need two alt. modes with very similar mass...I don't know that any of the established Triple Changers have that (tank and jet? Do those match?).

The answer, as I see it, is leaving one of the modes Cybertronian, so that the mass of the second vehicle can be whatever you need it to be to match the first.

I.E. Blitzwing comes to Earth and scans a tank, but not a second vehicle, so his jet mode is still Cybertronian...with bits of Earth tank stuck all over it.

It'd probably make a toy rendition easier on Hasbro, as well.

Mass shifting is r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d. and Tramp, of course g1 soundwave was accepted IT WAS A KIDS CARTOON. I also accepted that green goo turned turtles into human sized ninjas, that sharks rode x-treme vehicles, mice drove motorcycles, a dude with a skeleton face and gimmicky henchmen threatened eternia, and that no matter what happened, no one ever got seriously hurt or died :roll

I'd like to point out at this time that all the article said was that Bay had a neat idea concerning an aircraft carrier. Nothing about mass shifting, triple changers, or that the carrier was a TF at all. Just an aircraft carrier.

All the other crap you guys are arguing about is ALL speculation.

Archived