MP-S1 Masterpiece Skyfire / Jetfire [FINALLY FINISHED !!! p.3]

Computron-x

Here are 2 pics of my MP Sky/Jetfire in an early production stage. I managed to work on it more than I expected in the last days, so these pics are "old".

New pics will be added soon.

Here are some facts:

- MP Skyfire can be converted into a MP Jetfire. There will be a replacable head and removable armor for the Jetfire version.

- electronics will also be integrated (lights & sound)

- Sky/Jetfire is real big! (much bigger than MP Prime)

here are 2 pics in an early production stage:

jetfire11oq8.jpg

jetfire12wf6.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there a MP Skyfire somewhere already? I'm too lazy too look it up, but that placed the standard pretty damn high for anyone attempting to make a custom MP.

I wish you a ton of luck and am curious how the electronics will work. Succes, dude.

Yes, this one was nice, too, but it was made of a MP Prime.

This one is totally scratch built, and as I said previously about 30% bigger than MP Prime.

This was also my first thought, but as I saw menchoys MP Skyfire I wanted to build it by myself. I had luck and he sold his unfinished figure to me.

So I'm finishing it now. At the first look not much has changed compared to the version I became (in robot mode).

I changed the transformation in a lot of points, making the jet mode a little bit different now (his pics are also shown somewhere here).

Today I managed to put in the first part of the electronics. His boosters now light up, and a jet sound appears.

I basically ised styrene, and some putty stuff - don't know the name now.

I will shoot new pictures tomorrow, showing the progress.

Oh wow man. You really did a kick ass job of making the jet mode more aerodynamic. I recall Menchoy's having a toy Jetfire transform that made the legs stick out a bit more. (Menchoy is a kitbash god for the record) Anywho, I'm really liking the direction with the arms and chest folding upwards into the alt mode. I had actually planned to update a Skyfire in scale with the MP line, (As I built mine for the G1 toy scale) that would have an inward folding chest and arm system. If you don't mind, couldja post pics of how it's hinged n whatnot an soforth.

Excellent work d00d. Being that your MP Soundwave is still one of my fav builds, this will undoubtedly be just as impressive.

Thanks alot! I will post some more (transformation-)details in the next days or weeks.

Some electronics are just installed. His boosters at the rear light up and a jet sound appears when pressing a button.

I've worked on a landing gear in the last days. That cost me a lot of time. As I finally had it, it lookes somehow stupid.

So I removed it...I should have worked on other parts in that time.

I will improve his joints next, so they will be more stabil. After that I will continue finishing it.

Here's a small update (in jetmode)

jetfire13qs4.jpg

Archived