Why do the Autobots have animal faces/heads

ROSEDOGGYDOG

You're looking way to much in to this. Bumblebee does not look like a cat, Ironhide looks a bit like a cow, granted, but for the rest... Lay off the booze.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Optimus Prime has the Bird thing going on with his beak.

That's it. I'm STILL not seeing this, and it's not like this is the first time it's been said. I demand to see IMAGES showing what the HELL people are talking about. Side by side, let's go. Drawn lines, whatever. Just show me either ONE image of Prime with a clear bird beak, or find me one image of a bird with a FACE PLATE.

Look here...

CAAA CAAAAW

Then here...

CAAA CAAAAW

Then go back to the first one.

Although I would never have made a connection beforehand, that was pretty darn funny.

Is this some sorta weird nod to BWs?

You know what's a really bizarre coincidence?

Both Rattrap and Jazz are silver and the shortest members on their teams.

Both Cheetor and Bumblebee are yellow and the youngest, but not the shortest members of their teams.

Both Rhinox and Ratchet are bulky scientists with green robot modes.

Primal and Ironhide are mostly black and have medium size bulk, with missile launchers on both forearms.

Both Dinobot and Prime are the tallest members on the teams, have the least kibble, and Prime's revealed face even looks a bit like Dinobot's.

I think you could probably make a connection with the movie characters to any set of characters in G1 or BW, depending on which characteristics you are looking for.

19283sv0094421rz3.jpg :schin

WTF? G1 Ironhide and Ratchet have the same face...why wouldn't they have the same movie face then? Your MS Paint drawings don't lead to your conclusion.

The problem is that you're unable to get past the fact that the Transformers are machines with stickers for faces. It's a clearly logical conclusion that movie Ironhide and Ratchet are clearly homages to their G1 sticker faces. G1 toy canon officially states that G1 Ironhide and Ratchet have sticker faces and since the movie is based on G1 then logic dictates that the movie versions of Ironhide and Ratchet are tributes to their G1 sticker faces! More text in bold!!

(/Tramp) :P

I don't think that Movie Ratchet and Ironhide are meant to be the G1 characters with a different continuity. They really don't look as similar to their G1 counterparts as the other autobots do.

Archived