RiD Megatron vs. Galvatron

gargunkle

I have both of these figures, but I am considering putting the Galvatron up for sale - I am trying to clear unneeded parts of my collection. I know that Galvy is uspposed to be remolded from Megs in order to allow additional modes. Anyone know offhand if this particular mode can be done at all with Megs?

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Decepticon/Galvatron/beastmode5.jpg

I admit to not having tried it. I was not sure how extensive the remolding was. Any input appreciated.

Okay, I found this:

http://www.tfracetrack.com/instructions/rid_instructions.htm

The instructions for Megatron appear to list only the same six that are shown at tfu.info for Megatron and Deathsaurus. Or maybe you meant just that following the instructions for Galvatron would work for Megatron also?

What I have found so far appears to indicate that Galv was remolded, but perhaps that only applies to the Japanese versions of the toys?

Okay, I found this:

http://www.tfracetrack.com/instructions/rid_instructions.htm

The instructions for Megatron appear to list only the same six that are shown at tfu.info for Megatron and Deathsaurus. Or maybe you meant just that following the instructions for Galvatron would work for Megatron also?

What I have found so far appears to indicate that Galv was remolded, but perhaps that only applies to the Japanese versions of the toys?

I meant to say that you can use the instructions for Galvatron on Megatron, Japanese or not. I tried it with my RiD Megatron and this works.

my gigatron could pull off all 10 but yeah some clearly put alot of stress on him i think its a only a rumour that theirs a mould difference at all (pls show me pics if im wrong)

Japanese verison only had 6 modes and was released in the white color scheme with 10.

America got the 10 mode version, painted it black and called him megatron.. the rest is history.

So it really depends on what verison you own.

FreedomGundam, Galzamus and death333 are right.

In Car Robot, Gigatron has 6 modes and Devil Gigatron has 10 modes, and there is a mould variation which disallows Gigatron from accessing those additional four modes of Devil Gigatron.

RiD Megatron is a the Devil Gigatron mould but given Gigatron colours (and with bluntened missiles) so it can access all 10 modes although the last four aren't advertised. RiD Galvatron is just the same as Devil Gigatron only with the blunted missiles.

So yeah, there is little point in having both RiD Megatron and Galvatron unless you're a completist. I personally have Gigatron and RiD Galvatron.

Archived