Transformers

Big Grim

The prequels you must read before you see the movie, it really sets the stage and may prepare you for what happens without giving too much away. But do not read the adaptions until you see the movie, at least that's what I'm doing. I usually don't mind spoilers, but I'm gonna have to make an exception here. Don's artwork in the prequels is great, and Alex Milne always does a great job (waaaaaaaaay better work than Pat Lee :tflaugh ) The scene's on Cybertron were amazing, hope we get a brief glimpse of that somehow in the movie. And the development of how Sector 7 initially began as well. Man, I cannot wait to see how all of this plays out on the big screen.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the prequels, gotta hand it to Figueroa once again for adapting very quickly to drawing the style of the new TFs. It sets up the movie nicely and the geek in me enjoyed all the extra character/background.

I still think the art in both the adaptation and Prequel, range from okay to very well done.

Art

Don: can draw Transformers, of any shape or theme. But in motion they sometimes seem still. His human drawing has improved greatly from his DW days.

Alex: Can draw motion quite well, its just that sometimes it gets muddled in the page layout. HIs humans, are far too Pat Lee like. The adaptation art is somewhat rushed in places, I'm guessing a tight deadline. I'd say that wrap around cover for Issue one contains the best human drawing, and wish the rest of the covers and followed that style closer.

Writing

The Prequel works well, apart from the odd overly cheese and forced blemeshes

• Megatron's Jet mode advertisment in issue #1

• "Their War, Our World" tag line insertion in issue #3

• and I just don't like Chumba Wumba song, so that is my bias

The Adaptation is alot like the leak stript, except shortened and rushed. Its awkward to read and 4 issues is way to short. Thankfully reading this doesn't spoil the spectical of the big screen. Sure you'd know what the plot is, but this adaptation is more like an annotated notes version.

I don't regret purchasing the single issues of the Prequel of the adaptation TPB. I may be critical, but I still enjoy them.

I liked the prequals well enough. I'm buying the adaptation, but not reading it until after I see the movie. At least that's the plan. I may not wait. But I know that either way, this is the last movie adapt I'll be buying, since I've never read one that wasn't a disappointment.

Prequel = awesome, loved the art. And it just wouldnt be transformers without a few cheesy lines.

Adaptation= pretty much what mirrorS morE fuN thaN televisioN said, it did seem pretty hollow but still gives an idea on whats going to be in the movie. Although it did make me even more excited for the ovie just to see certain scenes on the big screen.

I liked the prequals well enough. I'm buying the adaptation, but not reading it until after I see the movie. At least that's the plan. I may not wait.

Ditto. I'll try my best not to read before seeing the movie but the fact that Europe has to wait nearly a month extra for the film may cause me to succumb to temptation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Do you know if there will be prequel and adaptation comics translated in European languages such as French ? If not, where can I find and order those 8 comics ? I tried ebay but nothing except the movie adaptations... Thanks for help

Amazon will probably have the trades listed at some point, along with the barnes & noble website and the boarders website.

Haven't a clue about if they'll be translated.

I'm sure this has been said many times before, but Megatron's alt mode reminds me of Thunderwing's IDW alt mode and his obsession with the Allspark remind me of his Marvel obsession with the Matrix.

Archived