Since Bumblebee talks in song, does that make him... WHEELIE?

Aquarion

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheelie talks in rhyme. Bumblebee talks in radio, as in, he uses his radio, and whatever he finds in the air, to communicate. If anything, his voice-pattern should more resemble Wreck-gar than Wheelie.

What I don't understand is for such a technological advanced race you think they could have repaired his vocal circuits(as was damaged in prequel comic #1), so for him to communicate through his radio seems a little weak and unorthodox. I mean all the other TF's in the movie talk normally(supposedly). I guess this would be my only gripe about the movie, besides that I think its gonna rock my world and turn it upside down :thumb

What I don't understand is for such a technological advanced race you think they could have repaired his vocal circuits(as was damaged in prequel comic #1), so for him to communicate through his radio seems a little weak and unorthodox. I mean all the other TF's in the movie talk normally(supposedly). I guess this would be my only gripe about the movie, besides that I think its gonna rock my world and turn it upside down :thumb

Well in the prequel novel - the writer states that Ratchet has tried to repair it, but has yet to find a way that is good/effective and non-painful for Bumblebee to talk. But Ratchet is working on trying to find a good way to fix it. It's not really stated, but it is sort of implied that the current supplies of materials for repairing are not as vast and up-to-date as it once was. But I also know this is just used to keep it in line with the movie where BB doesn't really talk, but more or less grunts and gurgles. And just FYI - Bumblebee

does talk in the movie (according to the old script), he's got one line and it's really painful for him to say it too.

And Bumblebee is not like Wheelie at all. He doesn't speak in his own vocal system in a rhyming scheme. He uses his radio and car speakers to communicate openly with various clips and blurbs. So with this he is MUCH more like Wreck-Gar, but even then he's not totally like him, because Wreck-Gar consciously just talks using tv blurbs as his dialogue, not the actual tv commercials and clips themselves. It is Wreck-Gar's own voice.

I don't buy any of these half-assed explanations. The simple fact of the matter is that the higher ups wanted to dumb down Bumblebee so he would appeal to little kids. That makes him more akin to Wheelie than anything else.

My take on it is that the filmmakers gave Bumblebee his injury because it creates more mystery as to the Transformers origins and makes Sam an active participant in trying to to find out why his car is a really a giant robot in disguse without a boring "Well, let me just explain it to you" scene right at the beginning of the film and leave nothing for Sam to do other than

hand over the glasses

I don't buy any of these half-assed explanations. The simple fact of the matter is that the higher ups wanted to dumb down Bumblebee so he would appeal to little kids. That makes him more akin to Wheelie than anything else.

If he was dumbed-down, wouldn't he just talk like a little kid? A kid being curious and explorative towards Sam and Earth? And wouldn't he be more like Anakin in Phantom Menace than his current portrayal? He isn't dumbed down at all, IMO.

and if you don't buy these half assed explainations then what'd you ask for? just a curious question.

I'm asking if anyone else thinks that movie bumblebee is not really meant to be bumblebee.

Archived