If the Dinobots were to appear in a sequel, how should they appear?

Goktimus Prime

Movie Dinobots  

53 members have voted

1. 1. If Michael Bay were to introduce Dinobots into the TF movie, how should they appear?

• As Earth vehicles
    • As robotic/mechanical dinosaurs
    • As robotic/mechanical animals
    • As realistic/organic dinosaurs
    • As realistic/organic animals

Flease don't flame me for this but isnt there like 3 other threads about the TF sequel already? Also why are we EVEN discussing the sequel at this time? Hell the 1st one isnt even out yet. Maybe we should see how this one fares and how it ends before we get the whole collective fandom into Starscreaming and whining again. We just finally(somewhat) have calmed down on this one and giving it praise.

Now as for my opinions on the Dino's....Grimlock and Swoop would suffice...Grimmers as a Tank of some sort and Swoop as a Fighter Jet(A-10 Warthog) and one other character for the Bots...preferrably Mirage

As or the Cons bring in Shockwave, Cyclonus, and Skywarp

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about not at all.

Seriously if ther aren't going to be Dinosaurs what's the point in call them Dinobots.

Again military vehicles would completely defeat the purpose of them being Dinobots. May as well just call them Combaticons & side them with the autobots. I'm sure Dinobots would be really cool to see reimagined but I don't see it as pratical. Earth vehicles make sense & have been translated beautifully into the live action world. Large mecha Godzilla Dinosaurs are a different story altogether.

I would much rather see more core Autobot/Decepticon the next time arond. They already have a kckass team on both side & those who survive can be joined by the next wave of G1 vehicles. perhaps Prowl, Hound, Wheeljack, & Powerglide. :tflaugh Okay maybe not but Brawn would be cool. I would not object to seeing the constructicons/Devastator if he could be done in a feasable manner. That brick is due for an upgrade anyway.

Well Grimlock has appeared as things other than a dinosaur (ie: a tank). As a character Grimlock has the potential to be great regardless of alt. mode.

I'd also like to see their take on Jetfire.

If the Dinobots were to appear, I'd make them all like Skorponok--basically, mindless drones that have basic "seek and destroy" functions, with Grimlock being the only one with any kind of rudimentary intelligence to justify the whole "Me Grimlock" thing.

How about not at all.

Seriously if ther aren't going to be Dinosaurs what's the point in call them Dinobots.

Again military vehicles would completely defeat the purpose of them being Dinobots. May as well just call them Combaticons & side them with the autobots. I'm sure Dinobots would be really cool to see reimagined but I don't see it as pratical. Earth vehicles make sense & have been translated beautifully into the live action world. Large mecha Godzilla Dinosaurs are a different story altogether.

I would much rather see more core Autobot/Decepticon the next time arond. They already have a kckass team on both side & those who survive can be joined by the next wave of G1 vehicles. perhaps Prowl, Hound, Wheeljack, & Powerglide. :tflaugh Okay maybe not but Brawn would be cool. I would not object to seeing the constructicons/Devastator if he could be done in a feasable manner. That brick is due for an upgrade anyway.

Wouldn't that make them Combatibots?

If the "Dinobots" are in the next movie I sure hope a constructicon gestalt is in the works. Can you imagine the fan wank service from seeing a merge group done by ILM on the big screen (in supah slow motion please ) :eek

I'd think that they should stay as dinosaurs. Whether their robotic or realistic I'll leave up to the movie company to decide.

But the way they go about it is that they come to Earth and land near a museum. It just so happens that there's a T-Rex, Stegosaurus, Brontosaurus, Triceratops and Pteranodon right in their views and they decide that that's what they want as their alt modes. They scan them, and then for part of the movie, there are vague reports (ala Sasquatch sightings) about dinosaurus roaming the area, Sam alerts Prime, and Prime investigates and finds out it's the Dinobots. He brings Grimlock up to speed on what's going on with the Decepticons and that their newest warrior (Devastator) is causing them major problems and that they could use his units help. Naturally Grimlock says no with his whole attitude towards Prime. Then the Dinobots follow the Autobots to the big battle, and just as Devastator is about to deliver this big blow to Prime, five laser blasts hit him, and then the smoke is followed to the smoking barrels of the Dinobots weapons. Battle ensues, Autobots win, movie ends.

As for other Autobots to be in the movie, I'd like to see the following three definitely reimagined for the movie: Wheeljack, and the Twins.

Archived