If the Dinobots were to appear in a sequel, how should they appear?

Goktimus Prime

Movie Dinobots  

53 members have voted

1. 1. If Michael Bay were to introduce Dinobots into the TF movie, how should they appear?

• As Earth vehicles
    • As robotic/mechanical dinosaurs
    • As robotic/mechanical animals
    • As realistic/organic dinosaurs
    • As realistic/organic animals

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinobots would work, as long as the characters don't really care about hiding themselves. They could scan dinosaurs in a museum or something, but being limited by their own technology, the Dinobots would end up as mechanical dinosaurs.

Whether mechanical or simulated flesh, they would stand out. But, if they can't be robots with a mechanical dinosaur mode, then it's better if they aren't used at all.

I'm still trying to figure out the worlds obsession w/dinosaurs. yes there cool, & I love a good Paleintology documentery as much as the next sicence geek.

but I just don't love them to the point where big ass purple dinosaur could ever hold my attention even as a child. so haveing said that I just never got that deep in to the dinobots.

or beast wars for that matter. BUT, if Bay was to bring them in, then my vote would have to be G1 mechanical dino & robot form. I think some one already pointed out that nither mode serve as a disguise, so just where the hell could they hide when not kicking decepticon ass.

also the only reason I could even think of to bring them in, is to fight Devistator, the real Devvistator, all six Constructicons.

I just think the time & money could be put to better use in TF2.

mechanical dinosaurs, that transform into a robot.........anyone remember G1 and that the dinobots weren't exactly cruising around with Spike and Chip ala jazz, bumblebee, hound etc.. and that the Dinobots were usually called into HEAVY ACTION. That being said they could add one or two more weaker autobots(Prowl, Smokescreen, Inferno, anyone) and a FEW more Decepticons, Prime would think that with a new army of Decepticons he would need some heavy hitters....considering he is the toughest autobot and request ratchet or whoever to build robot dinosaurs only because spike was teaching the bots' earth history and Prime would think it would be a good idea to build giant fire-breathing dinosaurs, and not give em enough brains to tell their own head from their ass......I <3 Drsmoov's youtube parodies :clap

in conclusion, Dinobots are mechanical dinosaurs that transform into robots as big as Megatron/Starscream/Blackout, and im guessing a new cast of decepticons save SS and a Megatron resurrection...so possibly 7 Decepticons(fingers-crossed) ohh and they're all around M/SS/B size which would put the autobots at a severe disadvantage w/o dinobots

thats what i would do if i got the chance to write TF2.....Bay didnt screw up the designs in the movie......let's see what he can come up with

PS. I would die if Jazz came back.......I really really really really really want him back, those corny jazz lines and his Kup move on Brawl, along with his sacrifice aren't enough to satisfy my Jazz addiction........OMG.....forget having G1 dinobots.......Bring in Dinobot from BW with a history similar to his coming to the Maximals in the show, and have him be a central character!!!

anyone else think instead of Dinobots we just have Dinobot?? cause he actually was more integral to the overall BW story than the Dinobots were throughout G1??? and he had character, Dinobots were cool cause they were dumb, tough bad-asses, but you never really had an inclination anything was going on in they're heads besides Grimlock wanting to lead, Slag destroy, Sludge follow the leader, and Snarl, Swoop..... nada on them. But Dinobot had charisma, sarcasm, honor, and better overall character than all the G1 dinobots combined

anyone else think instead of Dinobots we just have Dinobot?? cause he actually was more integral to the overall BW story than the Dinobots were throughout G1??? and he had character, Dinobots were cool cause they were dumb, tough bad-asses, but you never really had an inclination anything was going on in they're heads besides Grimlock wanting to lead, Slag destroy, Sludge follow the leader, and Snarl, Swoop..... nada on them. But Dinobot had charisma, sarcasm, honor, and better overall character than all the G1 dinobots combined

They could just use Grimlock for everything you just stated about Dinobot. Since the G1 Comics made the Dinobots NOTHING like their stupid Cartoon Counterparts. They were elite warriors and Grimlock was a strategic genius and was Optimus Prime's chosen second-in-command in the later issues of G1. Grimlock was one of the most developed characters in all of the G1 Comics (along with Ratchet). Grimlock would make for a great character for the movie.

I personally think the dinobots would have trouble fitting in with the movie-verse.. they would probably end up as either heavy duty military vehicles or construction equipment. Sure, you can attach the grimlock name to either.. but he's not gonna be a dinosaur by any means. You can't very well call him a "dinobot" if he's not a dinosaur.. or they could go the beastwars route and make them look like actual dinosaurs.. *with speilburg involved as he is, there's a slim chance at best* .. but then you gotta ask how and why when they're going against jets and tanks and Blot. Prehistoric animals vs modern day vehicles.. realistically, they'd run circles around them.

If they're going to end up being mechanical dinosaurs.. then they're gonna end up being like most of the movie decepticons.. where they don't show up till the very end of the film to lay down the line.. because they cannot realistically disguise themselves in ANY inviroment and still be believable. At that point, you already have characters like Ironhide who fits pretty much the "grimlock" role as being a tough big guns badass.

In my opinion, I don't really want the dinobots in the movie because they'd cheese it to hell. I like the dinobots, don't get me wrong.. but it's the same issues with Megatron being a Gun and Soundwave being a tapedeck. It just doesn't fly when you take the fan glasses off.

Archived