Movie TF's ability to change appearance.

Deadpool

I was thinking that if the movie TF's can change their shape and colors to get a disguise, they should be able to change their faces too. Using the Proto form toys as comparison to the movie versions Prime & SS changed the their bodies alot to adjust to a disquise. So why not be able to change their faces to be less threatning to the possible human allies? This would not concern the Decepticons obviously since they would want to scare or intimidate humans anyways. But I can see the Autobot changing or "disguising" thier faces so that their human contacts would feel more comfortable with them. So perhaps at first the had their more alien faces and then morphed to more human shaped attributes. I mean that would take the disguise theme to another level. And many are all about taking the TF's to another level.

Just to clarify, this NOT a I hate the movie heads designs topic. Just an idea that crossed my mind and wondered how others might think of it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe it is impossible for them to have human like faces since it would require way too many movie parts to simulate a human's musculature... maybe they have only a few "reference" allowances for facial designs and have to stick within that frame work. Maybe they like looking like cybertronians? If you could change your face to look like a cat so cat's would like you, would you?

maybe it is impossible for them to have human like faces since it would require way too many movie parts to simulate a human's musculature... maybe they have only a few "reference" allowances for facial designs and have to stick within that frame work. Maybe they like looking like cybertronians? If you could change your face to look like a cat so cat's would like you, would you?

Yeah but humans don't go to war with cats. (Will check history book to back this up). Nor do they have intelectual or any two way conversations with cats. (Except for my aunt). I would think that their body mechanisms are equally as complicated just as their faces. Again these are robots in disguise, why just limit it to the alt mode. Sure a giant robot is giant robot regardles. But I just think it would be cool for them to have the ability disguise their faces to. More as a gesture that they come in peace.

That's a great way to endear yourself :tflaugh "I just thought I'd try and look like you in the face, even though I'm not hairy at all and don't have a tail... hope you don't mind, meow" :roll.

Yeah but humans don't go to war with cats. (Will check history book to back this up). Nor do they have intelectual or any two way conversations with cats. (Except for my aunt). I would think that their body mechanisms are equally as complicated just as their faces. Again these are robots in disguise, why just limit it to the alt mode. Sure a giant robot is giant robot regardles. But I just think it would be cool for them to have the ability disguise their faces to. More as a gesture that they come in peace.

They have a cultural identity, just as Humans do, why would they allow that to be stripped from them? They look like cars and stuff, but that's not truly them, they're robot modes are who they really are, and why would they alter their true natures to make us feel all warm and fuzzy?

What we're really asking for here is "skin". The movie TFs look a lot like people... with no skin. FACE OFF'D They have all the musculature and skeletal structure; we can all see that.

But the problem with skin is that IT BENDS AND STRETCHES AND STUFF AND METAL TENDS TO NOT DO THAT SO MUCH

And then you have to ask what the point would be.

Plus, would you really feel more comfortable around a giant alien robot if it had a human face? I would think that it'd be freakier that way.

Well they did it already with Prime in the movie. Lips and all. From the clip shown he removed his face plate to speak at Labouf character. I am assuming that was Primes first contact with him. So he removed his faceplate to talk to him, make him more comfortable with him. I doubt it was because he needed to breath :roll

Well they did it already with Prime in the movie. Lips and all. From the clip shown he removed his face plate to speak at Labouf character. I am assuming that was Primes first contact with him. So he removed his faceplate to talk to him, make him more comfortable with him. I doubt it was because he needed to breath :roll

I think Prime's movie face is the closest that they should get at all. But I personally like the idea of each Autobot have a very unique facial structure and design, yet still keeping the basic "humanoid" setting.

You're also assuming that that isn't his real face.

And if they are already doing it in the movie, then......... okay?

Archived