Things we wish were within the TF movie

AutobotMarine

You had me until Supermode, and then you lost me further at Powerlinking, and then lost me again at Matrix of Leadership.

But seriously, why the hell would you want powerlinking in this TF Live-Action Movie? What's the purpose of it in the context of a Live-Action movie with so much other story going on? Also, why should Prime have a supermode at all, isn't he good enough as a big-ass Autobot Leader? I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I just want to know why.

The only things I would have liked added are a few more TFs, simply because there is never enough cool Movie-fied TFs.

Maybe 1-2 more Autobots - maybe Sideswipe & Sunstreaker, and 1-2 more Decepticons - maybe Thundercracker and Movie Toy Swindle or Wreckage as a real in-the-movie character.

Powerlinking: This would assist the Constructicons to form Devestator, they DO link up you know.....

Matrix of Leadership: WHY NOT??!! Prime's the leader of the Autobots, and every Autobot Commander possessess the Matrix! Besides, a Matrix within this movie will truly rock, as it would actually "look" realistic.

Supermode: Why not? I actually like the little supermode ability. And you've must confess, but it truly made both RID and Cybertron Prime look utterly bad-ass, as verses the standard robot modes.

First - When you say powerlink, that instills the thoughts of Energon's crappy powerlinking that ruined several semi-decent toys and produced a few really bad ones. Combiners in G1 isn't two Autobots running at each other and folding in half to connect into some mis-proportioned abomination that somehow works even when it shouldn't (a.k.a. Energon Powerlinking).

Secondly - The Matrix IMO doesn't need to be introduced once again for the 100th time, but that's JMO.

Third - I think supermodes are weak storytelling for a hero. "Lets just make Prime get all big and shoot people, no need for him to actually struggle fighting Megs or Starscream or whoever." I also disagree, Cybertron Prime to me looks A LOT better without his giant flightpack and booties.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hot female transformers

Get the hell off MY internet! :tfmad

Upon my list consists of:

Megatron's voice being played by David Kaye

Prime having both a trailer, and possibly a supermode

Hotshot (I honestly like that character)

Hot female transformers

Jetfire

Soundwave

Thundercracker

Possibly having Gary Chalk possess a voice role within this film, if he's not Prime

Only a few powerlinking TF's here and there. But nothing as excessive as TF: Energon

The Matrix of Leadership

List what you wish were within the TF film. ;)

That list (with the exception of soundwave and thundercracker) is quite possibly the most :rofl and :guh thing i've seen today "hot female transformers" :roll supermodes :roll Powerlinking :roll

I agree with Texas Pete, only vintage, immortal characters from 84, 85. They have the necissary weight. Blackout may look good, but there's no history there.

Dear sweet lord NO to Hotshot and smegging powerlinking. Awefull IMO. Energon Prowl and Wheeljack (or downsniff) were ruined by that weak gimmick.

I think the Constructicons could work if they got it right. It would be good to see an absolutely IMMENSE robot trashing a city.

I think female robots would only lead inexurably to a Transformers love story- don't need that thank you! I want my Transformers to fight for control of the universe, not fight for love, pha!

Weaving i think will be good. Sorry to Cartoon fans but Megs voice was too gameshow. Megs needs to be sinnister and smoldering.

As for the Matrix, I'm not sure. I'm assumeing these movie Transformers have the same backstroy as we're used to, ie Cybertron, Unicron, Primus, essences thereof. The Matrix will have to feature at some point if they (the writers) stick to that familar backstory. Or maybe they're going to come up with something new. A new origin for the transformers. If that's the case, I wonder what it would be?

Sorry Autobot Marine, didn't mean to crap on your ideas, just MO.

Powerlinking: You're Powerglideing kidding me.

Super-Modes: You're Powerglideing Kidding Me.

Hot Shot: YOU'RE PowerglideING KIDDING ME.

You know, I think it'll be just perfect as-is. Sure there's a few characters I'd like to see pop up but we're practically guaranteed at least 1, maybe 2 sequels so there's plenty of time to get more in later.

Ironhide, I think, will be excellent; his movie form is not only a great upgrade from the little red four-banger mini-van of G1 but it also has hints of Trailbreaker, making him 2 characters in 1 and pure Badass.

I'd like to see Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, maybe facing off against Runabout and Runamuck in a crazy action-packed chase/battle scene through a busy city. I can wait for a sequel for that.

Aside from that it's all good. Bring on July 2nd!

I thought that the Allspark / Energon Cube thing was sort of taking the place of the Matrix... I'd heard that they didn't call it "the Matrix" because of the movie and stuff.

And please do not spoiler me in responding to this post, thx

P.S. I have zero desire to see any 1986 (i.e. TF:TM and beyond) Transformers in these movies. None. The show jumped the friggin shark in 1986 and I don't need to see a live-action reminder of that. JMO

So far this thread is turning into the 'Thing we're glad are NOT in the movie'- thread.

So does this mean we're unified and happy now or did we scare away anyone with a bit of remaining complaints?

P.S. I have zero desire to see any 1986 (i.e. TF:TM and beyond) Transformers in these movies. None. The show jumped the friggin shark in 1986 and I don't need to see a live-action reminder of that. JMO

I agree with that 100% for the Autobots.

But if the sequels bring us more "essentially made-up for the movie" Decepticons like Barricade, Bonecrusher, and Blackout, then I'd have no trouble with them reusing post-86 names like Bludgeon or Dreadwind.

Just as long as they aren't Pretenders and stuff.

Archived