a question for goki

yoshimivspr

ok so not only for goki but anyone who has multiple tfs from the movie line already

so how do they stack up so far

i only have brawl but hes ok

(thanks for the tips fellow TFans)

but... alas i do feel a bit riffed by him is he the black sheep or are they all so flimsy?

so lets hear it are the movie toys all they are cracked up to be or a let down ?

btw ill be buying either way

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far all the Voyagers rock. And personally I think that the Voyager Prime is superior to the leader version. The deluxes however do seem to have some issues from what I hear. I'm still waiting for mine ot arrive from HTS. But picked up the Voyagers today and I'm happy with everyone of them. Great transformations, they look cool in both modes, jsut all around great TFs. Though I admit the faces take some getting used to.

They're great - Brawl is a pretty weak figure though, the second weakest of the movie TFs IMO - the weakest being Blackout (again, JMO) - Jazz is alright and the others just really rock. :)

Again, see my reviews to see which ones I think are cool and which ones aren't so cool and why. And of course, read other people's reviews too. Also check out the more well known review sites too, like Ben Yee, Dave Van Domelan etc.

At the end of the day, keep the receipts, and if you don't like a toy after opening it, you can always get a refund or exchange. ;)

gotta say i agree with goki here. these guys are very much differen than anything we've seen before and people are going to be all over the radar with these things on what they like and dislike.

for instance, two of the bots in my top 3 are on the BOTTOM of goki's list so it all boils down to individual taste and what you look for in a transformer, and what you expect from your toys. in the end though i think your better off picking the toys up yourself and giving them a go without letting other's opinion make you biased. keep your receipt and if you don't like it just take it back to the store and exchange it for something else (stores should be crammed with these things).

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=68608

similar discussion here but IMO they outdo anything we've seen thus far. The automorph feature is awesome combined with the fact that everything about this line is new and different, makes it THE BEST line so far IMO.

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=68608

similar discussion here but IMO they outdo anything we've seen thus far. The automorph feature is awesome combined with the fact that everything about this line is new and different, makes it THE BEST line so far IMO.

Better than Alt/BT's/MP's?!?! :eek

Them there's fightin' words.

Yeah, but BTs and MPs are more expensive. In terms of value for money... erm.... it depends... guys like Leader Class Prime would rival MP Convoy yet MP Megatron is better value than Leader Class Megs.

I have most of the casted Autobots (the only one I don't have is Bumblebee), Bonecrusher and Barricade. I have to say IMO the worst one of the bunch is Barricade, but Bonecrusher is better, but not by a whole lot. Jazz is better than either of them. Ratchet and Ironhide are nice. Prime is just freaking awsome. I plan to go and get Blackout and Dlx Scorpy either today or tomorrow. The only reason I want them together is the fact that A: They're a team; B: They have a feature that you can use when you attach Scorpy to Blackout's underbelly.

I personally like them all, but some are definitely better than others.

Deluxe:

Wreckage is my personal favorite, pretty nice figure in both modes

Jazz is a POS. No articulation and a cheap looking alt mode. I think, the loser of the bunch (even w/ the QC problems w/ Brawl and the lack of a proper bot mode for Scorponok)

Voyager:

They all kick ass.

Despite the lack of size, Blackout is my fav w/ SS coming in a close second. Blackout looks fantastic in both modes and is fun to transform.

SS looks big and intimidating in bot mode and is better than expected in alt mode.

Robo-Vision Prime is a great addition, even if you already have Leader Prime. The transformation is different and fun, the size is nice and the paint apps are great.

Ratchet comes in last and is ok, but the colors are garish and the transformation is simplistic. Ok overall though.

Leader:

Both are great. Prime is the best mainline Prime ever and Megs works for this incarnation of the character. Both transformations are challenging, but in different ways and both bot modes kick all kinds of ass. Megs alt mode isn't the best, but it has grown on me over the last week.

Basically, get the entire line. They are all well worth the $$, even the ones that come in last comparatively are better than a lot of stuff that came out during A/E/C.

Archived