Just a reminder

ErikB

I just read an artical about this yesterday in the SeattleTimes. WizKids is sueing Wizards of the Coast (or is it the other way around) over this game. Each is claiming they came up with the idea. I wonder if a hault will be put to this game until it gets resolved in the courts?...

wtf is wizkids? never heard of them.

i'm sure wizards will crush 'em or pay 'em nicely, this should be a good market for them.

EDIT

*Googles*

ooooooooo the clix ppl. bah clix sucks

seems they've got a star wars game like this... but isn't every ccg just a MTG ripoff? i fail to see how you can seriously sue somebody over that as transformers and star wars are two completely different franchises. unless the game mechanics and everything are exactly the same i fail to see how they can win this. as i pointed out earlier, just about every ccg game out there are clones with slightly different mechanics.

which if you visit the WOTC website you can see all the cards available. somebody mentioned in another thread that they wanted to know how evac and somebody else looked but i'm too lazy to search for the thread since i've already got this one open.

I'd much prefer this if it wasn't a 3-D game, and just a regular CCG... many years ago I designed Transformer with a MTG template. Then they invented equipment, and I got pissed because I had pretty much made up the concept for Megatron and Shockwave.

didn't wizards of the coast just win a patent on this style of collectible model gaming?

whiz kids is best known for the minuture games of mage knights and the clix system.

didn't wizards of the coast just win a patent on this style of collectible model gaming?

whiz kids is best known for the minuture games of mage knights and the clix system.

dunno, but i ran into this while googling wizkids

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=23665

apparently WOTC is suing wizkids, not the other way around.

I just read an artical about this yesterday in the SeattleTimes. WizKids is sueing Wizards of the Coast (or is it the other way around) over this game. Each is claiming they came up with the idea. I wonder if a hault will be put to this game until it gets resolved in the courts?...

Thats funny, because they are both owned by Hasbro...

Thats funny, because they are both owned by Hasbro...

:lol

Archived