FIX Movie Deluxe Brawl's Arms!!

Hunter Rose

Title says it all team.

In the next few weeks Movie Deluxes are going to flood the fandom. And as many of you know, Deluxe Brawl is an AWESOME Figure!

except for ONE thing. The clipping mechanism that holds his shoulders to his body, is very weak.

So they snap out a lot.

This clip mechanism seems to be directly related to his backpack and how it clips into his body.

I have heard some peopel mention that they are going to take some Nail Polish to it. But I havent heard anything back about how well that has or hasn't worked.

It seems to me that just putting nail polish on the shoulders isnt going to fix it. But maybe creating a lip of sorts would. maybe building up just the edge?

do we need to carve out the notch more?

I will be testing mine this Memorial Day Weekend, and hopefully, as these guys hit saturation, others with real talent and tools will be able to also pitch in and help this figure realize its full potential.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Primal-Convoy

Im just goint to see what Takara do to it ot what improvements the inevitable repaint somewhere down the line does to it.

Hey hey, HR. I found Movie Brawl earlier tonight, after a few minutes, I took him apart and did the nail polish trick on the turret's hinge and ball joints. One coat on the hinge and sockets, and two coats on the ball joint. It seems to of really tightened him up. The backpack isn't popping off, and the arms aren't flayed out.

Aoi

Sure, no problem. These are quick pics & post, cause I'm 'bout to leave for work in a few.

First, I was having problems with this piece; brawlfix1.jpg

so after the turret pops off(it might of just been something on mine.) I put a coat of polish on the sides of the black hinge.

Next, I popped off the arms here; brawlfix2.jpg

Put two coats on the balljoints, then put a coat on the sockets. Let dry, and reassemble.

In my case, it tightened up the balljoints to where the arm connectors will stay in place (but not connect.)

A bit of a beware, though. I haven't tried putting him back in vehicle mode, so I haven't a clue if I've affected the transformation any. I'll find out in a few hours when I come home from work.

Aoi

I'm curious what the Leader class version is going to really look like. The stock photo we've seen looks identical to the deluxe one.

Not identical.... The biggest change I've noticed are in the legs and chest. The tank treads are placed on the side rear of the deluxe whilst the leader class has them directly to the rear. Chest cowcatchers: These are less detailed on the deluxe appear to be more posable on the Leader class. The cannon on the leader class is on the right hip and placed on the right arm is a more movie akur8 gun. The delxe just has the cannon on the arm. Beyond that though they do appear very similiar....minor variations in paint and detail all over the place. I can definately tell that the shoulder joints are different though and that's pretty important after messing with my friends deluxe.......and I just want a huge fargin tank :D

leader class

deluxe class

EDIT: //////coding

Seems like getting the leader and voyager class figures are the way to go in this line. I heard that they're making a voyager class Bumblebee and Bonecrusher. Are they doing the same with Jazz?

• 2 weeks later...

BTW - Goki suggested a really easy way to keep Brawl's arms in - just close the clips on the back of the turret so that they hold the arms in place.

Easy and mostly effective.

and so obvious too.

Thanks Goki!!

BTW - Goki suggested a really easy way to keep Brawl's arms in - just close the clips on the back of the turret so that they hold the arms in place.

and so obvious too.

Thanks Goki!!

Bwa? What clips?

and so obvious too.

Thanks Goki!!

Bwa? What clips?

the clips you open to pull the arms out of the turret

Archived