OTFCC - What are you most looking forward to?

Free Trader

So far, the announced guests are:

ANTHONY BEARD (master painter)

BOB BUDIANSKY (G1 writer, original comic series)

VINCE DiCOLA (musician, TRANSFORMERS®: THE MOVIE)

SIMON FURMAN (writer, TRANSFORMERS® ENERGON®, UNIVERSE)

DAN GILVEZAN (G1 voice actor, BUMBLEBEE)

GUIDO GUIDI (artist, TRANSFORMERS® ARMADA®, ENERGON®)

HI-FI DESIGN (coloring studio)

MICHAEL McCONNOHIE (G1 voice actor, TRACKS, COSMOS)

Thanks for the update on the guests!

I also have a few other questions:

1) Back in Dec/Jan, Glen held a contest called the "Fan Freebie at the Forums contest". Fans had to post thier suggestions. Glen picked the top two suggestions and gave two otfcc 2003 toys as prizes to those posters. I was one of the lucky winners. My suggestion was to split up the guests at the autograph tables. Have one or two guests per table. This way the fan could meet the person they really want to see and not have to wait in line for a couple of hours. This would cut down the waiting time for some people. :thumb Glen said he liked this idea and had seen it work at other conventions. So have I.

My question is, has this suggestion been taken into effect for otfcc 2004? If not, have you made any preparations to try it another year?

The other winnering suggesting was to fix up the website. When can we expect the website to be updated?

2) What's the latest on the 2003 Dinner Plates? Last I heard they were suppose to be going out to Hasbro, then production, or something...

3) Will DAN GILVEZAN, MICHAEL McCONNOHIE and the other voice actors read a live script at this years con?

Last year, I forgot all about it and just missed it! :tard I went down just after it ended. I think it was on the event schedule, but the type was so small. I missed it b/c I forgot all about it, and I didn't see it on the schedule b/c of the size of the text. I would have loved to see Garry, David, and Greg :tfevil read a live script. :tfmad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also have a few other questions:

1) Back in Dec/Jan, Glen held a contest called the "Fan Freebie at the Forums contest". Fans had to post thier suggestions. Glen picked the top two suggestions and gave two otfcc 2003 toys as prizes to those posters. I was one of the lucky winners. My suggestion was to split up the guests at the autograph tables. Have one or two guests per table. This way the fan could meet the person they really want to see and not have to wait in line for a couple of hours. This would cut down the waiting time for some people. :thumb Glen said he liked this idea and had seen it work at other conventions. So have I.

My question is, has this suggestion been taken into effect for otfcc 2004? If not, have you made any preparations to try it another year?

The other winnering suggesting was to fix up the website. When can we expect the website to be updated?

2) What's the latest on the 2003 Dinner Plates? Last I heard they were suppose to be going out to Hasbro, then production, or something...

1) I'll put this on my list of convention details to check on.

We are tentatively planning a makeover for the OTFCC web site following this year's convention, though I can't say exactly when yet.

2) We are still committed to delivering the plates; we haven't released any updates recently because there hasn't been any definite news to pass on. Currently, we're working to determine the best plan to finish up production and distribution, though final preparations for the convention are tying up most of our time and as I'm sure you can appreciate, that is the priority.

Given the long wait, you can be sure as soon as there's a delivery schedule we can meet, you'll hear about it! (Hey, I was at the dinner, I want my plate too!) I'm just not going to promise a specific date prematurely.

Best regards,

Malin

1) I'll put this on my list of convention details to check on.

:clap :thumb Thanks!

4) Convention guests: Who are you planning on inviting for future conventions? Could you give us some ideas?

I would love to see Scott Mcneil, Brian Drummond, Peter Cullen, Leonard Nimoy... Mostly G1, BW, and BM cast members.

5) The Friday Schedule: Last year, Glen said the convention will be a three day convention. But with the hotel change and all, he had to skip friday's morning/afternoon schedule and go right to the dinner. My question is, is this accurate? I'm trying to book my flight now and was wondering about friday.

Also on Sunday, what time does the last panel end (approx.)? Thanks!

So far, the announced guests are:

ANTHONY BEARD (master painter)

BOB BUDIANSKY (G1 writer, original comic series)

VINCE DiCOLA (musician, TRANSFORMERS®: THE MOVIE)

SIMON FURMAN (writer, TRANSFORMERS® ENERGON®, UNIVERSE)

DAN GILVEZAN (G1 voice actor, BUMBLEBEE)

GUIDO GUIDI (artist, TRANSFORMERS® ARMADA®, ENERGON®)

HI-FI DESIGN (coloring studio)

MICHAEL McCONNOHIE (G1 voice actor, TRACKS, COSMOS)

As for surprise guests, well they wouldn't be a surprise if we told you about them, would they?;)

Seriously, surprise guests usually aren't a good investment because a lot of people plan to come specifically based on the guests so we announce them as soon as possible once they're confirmed. That said, there might be one or two more added to this list in the near future...

Ian may have been on the invite list early on, but no, he is not lined up as a guest this year. We'd certainly be open to having him attend again in the future.

Best regards,

Malin

What about the people from Dreamwave, Devil's Due and Atari? Will any of them have a booth there? Are there any other special booths we will see in the dealers room this year?

6) At last years organizers panel, Glen stated several locations for future cons and what year they will be held. What were they again? I know he said Baltimore. I don't remember the year though. And where is 2005 going to be held?

7) I'm just on a roll with these questions, aren't I? :wave My next question is.... the special cover to one of the TFU comics that is suppose to come with this years toy exclusive, what's the status on that? Will we still get the comic at the con? Or have that mailed to us as well? I think it was issue 4 cover C or something like that....

Thanks!

Archived