OTFCC - What are you most looking forward to?

Free Trader

6) At last years organizers panel, Glen stated several locations for future cons and what year they will be held. What were they again? I know he said Baltimore. I don't remember the year though. And where is 2005 going to be held?

To quote Hallit from OTFCC 2003:

"Don't take this as fact yet, but '04 will be in Chicago, '05 in Los Angeles, '06 in Chicago, '07 in Baltimore. Plans are still tentative, but rotating it around the country will allow more fans in different areas the best chance to go to the convention. "

So my guess would be that if things are still on track, we will see OTFCC in LA next year.

Oh, and I have a question as well. Last year Glen mentioned something about a "Revisiting 10 Years of Convention Premiums" exhibit at OTFCC 2004....an exhibit that would/will feature ideas that didn't quite make it to coventions of the past year including concept designs, alternate colorschemes, etc. Is this still planned for the OTFCC 2004? Or has it been scrapped since the location changed?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5) The Friday Schedule: Last year, Glen said the convention will be a three day convention. But with the hotel change and all, he had to skip friday's morning/afternoon schedule and go right to the dinner. My question is, is this accurate? I'm trying to book my flight now and was wondering about friday.

Also on Sunday, what time does the last panel end (approx.)? Thanks!

Yes, the dinner is the first official event.

The show ends at 5 pm on Sunday.

Best regards,

Malin

What about the people from Dreamwave, Devil's Due and Atari? Will any of them have a booth there? Are there any other special booths we will see in the dealers room this year?

Dreamwave is expected to make a contribution to the convention, though I can't talk about specifics at this moment. I'm not aware of Devil's Due or Atari having a presence.

The central booth, naturally, will belong to Hasbro where they will show off their products and take survey responses for the free exclusive Energon spears repaints (see other thread.) Don't know exactly what you consider 'special', but the dealer room is really full this year.

Best regards,

Malin

6) At last years organizers panel, Glen stated several locations for future cons and what year they will be held. What were they again? I know he said Baltimore. I don't remember the year though. And where is 2005 going to be held?

7) I'm just on a roll with these questions, aren't I? :wave My next question is.... the special cover to one of the TFU comics that is suppose to come with this years toy exclusive, what's the status on that? Will we still get the comic at the con? Or have that mailed to us as well? I think it was issue 4 cover C or something like that....

Thanks!

6) At this point, I can't say anything about future shows. We'll let you know when there is any news.

7) I think you're referring to Wreckers issue 4. We do expect to have some new comics out at the convention to help get back on track with the publishing schedule. I don't know yet exactly how the logistics will work out with this issue that was supposed to come with Sentinel Maximus. My guess at this point is that it will be shipped out after the convention.

Best regards,

Malin

7) I'm just on a roll with these questions, aren't I? :wave  My next question is....  the special cover to one of the TFU comics that is suppose to come with this years toy exclusive, what's the status on that? Will we still get the comic at the con? Or have that mailed to us as well? I think it was issue 4 cover C or something like that....

Thanks!

7) I think you're referring to Wreckers issue 4. We do expect to have some new comics out at the convention to help get back on track with the publishing schedule. I don't know yet exactly how the logistics will work out with this issue that was supposed to come with Sentinel Maximus. My guess at this point is that it will be shipped out after the convention.

Best regards,

Malin

Yes. I think it was TFU issue #4.

8) I pre-ordered all of the upcoming comics by 3H. Including TFU 2,3,4 and Wreckers, 3 and 4.

Do you have an est. shipping date on any of those at this time? Thanks for taking the time to stop by and answer these questions. Not even 3H's "Ask to the Organizer" forum was this helpful. I really appreciate the replies! :thumb

This isn't necessarily a convention question, but what is the status of the OTFCC-Exclusive Skywarp PVC figure? The OTFCC website still states that it should've been released in the 2nd quarter of this year. Thanks!

Archived