Best CGI we have seen thus far?

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

STOP! You're all wrong. Last Starfighter FTW

Give me my TRON.

End of Line.

ROFLMAO :tfrofl

While the effects in those two movies were ground-breaking in their day. I certainly wouldn't want to see that same level of CGI used today. We can do much better now.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me my TRON.

End of Line.

ROFLMAO :tfrofl

While the effects in those two movies were ground-breaking in their day. I certainly wouldn't want to see that same level of CGI used today. We can do much better now.

Oh, come on. That CGI Jeff Bridges looked great. :thumb

What?... What?!

Give me my TRON.

End of Line.

I would have said Tron before reading the Wiki article about it.

what about Lensmen? Anybody see that?

I have it on VHS. Great piece of Anime. The CG animation is great too for its time and blends in well with the 2D animation. It certainly isn't photo-realistic, though it was never meant to be either.

Wow, I come into this thread to talk about how Transformers may or may not be the best CGI-utilized film ever, but I run into a philosophical debate on the term "Best Ever". Personally, I will take the side of the people that don't incorrectly spell words such as attainable and pinnacle. Won't mention any names, as I sure as hell don't want to start an arguement.

When looking at this, I see that most of you are forgetting a paramount fact about what is needed to be considered as the "Best CGI Movie Ever". I don't just look at the realism that makes up the CG artifacts in the film, but also the quality of the film. Performances, story, plot. You know, the important things that drive us to see films over and over and over again. Personally, I don't really care too much for CG Driven films. I've only seen the movies in the Spider-Man trilogy a handful of times, yet I can't count how many times I've seen films like Leon or Pulp Fiction without using my girlfriend's fingers and toes as well.

I won't say that a film is the best ever until I see it. As a TransFan, I'm stoked that there will be a live action Transformers film with realistic looking characters. But, until I see it, until they story is played out before my eyes, I can't call it the best CGI film now, or ever.

Topic title + description changed so all you Powerglideing Shockwaves out there will stop arguing over the definition of certain words.

And yeah I have no idea why the ! comes out as a & in the description.

Archived