Best CGI we have seen thus far?

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

SHUT UP!!!

The best CGI movie is Polar Express :lock

That's a good idea Bizz... we should stop fussing and go watch Polar Express.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In order for it to be the best ever there can be no chance at all that another piece of CGI can surpass it. As long as there is even a chance of another piece of CGI supassing it, it cannot be the best "ever".

Du-uh! :redface

You don't understand what I said, do you? Do I have to simplify it? Highlight random words for you to read?

Are you 100% confidence that you can say it will be surpassed? REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT MAY BE?

You can't. Nobody can. It would be stupid to say such a thing, therefore IT MAY BE THE BEST EVER.

Try to take it in this time. :thumb

Siburke. Read a dictionary. As long as there is any chance at all that it may be surpassed it cannot be the best ever. Now please, drop it. Bizzmoff has alread threatened to lock this thread because you insist on turing this into an argument. I want to simply settle it, and continue on with the discussion.

In order for it to be the best ever there can be no chance at all that another piece of CGI can surpass it. As long as there is even a chance of another piece of CGI supassing it, it cannot be the best "ever".

Du-uh! :redface

You don't understand what I said, do you? Do I have to simplify it? Highlight random words for you to read?

Are you 100% confidence that you can say it will be surpassed? REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT MAY BE?

You can't. Nobody can. It would be stupid to say such a thing, therefore IT MAY BE THE BEST EVER.

Try to take it in this time. :thumb

Siburke. Read a dictionary. As long as there is any chance at all that it may be surpassed it cannot be the best ever. Now please, drop it. Bizzmoff has alread threatened to lock this thread because you insist on turing this into an argument. I want to simply settle it, and continue on with the discussion.

I've come to the conclusion that you'd argue with yourself if you was left to your own devices. I'll leave you to it. :wave

*goes off to google polar express*

Let's agree to disagree. I think everyone here understands that in 2069 there will be better effects at the holosphere so let's move on...

I can't fully enjoy Spiderman or the new SW movies because the SPECIAL EFFECTS slap me in the face. I can honest to goodness say that the old Snow Speeder on a wire from ESB looks more real than anything current - BECAUSE IT WAS A REAL OBJECT! Look at the Star Trek Enterprise models from the movies. Oh my goodness those things look incredible. Even that scene in RotJ when the Falcon is running through the mass of Tie fighters - well... I can see the black outlines. I watched it too many times in slow mo :tdown

TF looks like a healthy mix. Perhaps when they go to Cybertron the CGI will take over but until then the set pieces look great :thumb

Siburke, I'm not the one who isnsisted on arguing, you were. I stated a simple fact, nothing more, and was unfairly lambasted for doing so.

Let's agree to disagree. I think everyone here understands that in 2069 there will be better effects at the holosphere so let's move on...

I can't fully enjoy Spiderman or the new SW movies because the SPECIAL EFFECTS slap me in the face. I can honest to goodness say that the old Snow Speeder on a wire from ESB looks more real than anything current - BECAUSE IT WAS A REAL OBJECT! Look at the Star Trek Enterprise models from the movies. Oh my goodness those things look incredible. Even that scene in RotJ when the Falcon is running through the mass of Tie fighters - well... I can see the black outlines. I watched it too many times in slow mo :tdown

TF looks like a healthy mix. Perhaps when they go to Cybertron the CGI will take over but until then the set pieces look great :thumb

I don't have a problem with CGI, or real objects. Each has its place, depending upon how it is used and executed. Personally, I was fine with the CG effects in the SW Prequels. For their time, they were the best that could be achieved and allowed for more than could be accomplished with miniatures—and they used plenty of those as well. Regardless, we have definately not reached the pinical of CG effects, and aren't likely to for decades or even centuries to come.

Technically, if nobody liked a literalist, then even literalists wouldn't like themselves, therefore, so as long as one literalist likes--

Ow! Quit hitting me!

Fine, on topic...that shot of Prime standing outside Sam's window in that international trailer :drool ...Jesus Christ, I don't understand how there was not really a sentient robot on set that day.

Tramp, nobody likes a literialist.

TB, I have never claimed to not be a literalist. I don't call a spade a spade, I call it a bleeping shovel because that is what it is. I honestly don't care if people like it or not. It is nothing personal. My only concern is the facts, nothing more and nothing less. I gave an honest, straight-forward, factual answer to the question asked and got unfairly lambasted for doing so.

Is the CGI in the new movie the best CGI ever? No, it isn't because there is the chance, and a highly likely one, that it may be surpassed in the future, given the continuing advances in computer imaging technology. And, as long as that chance exists, then it cannot be considered the best "ever". Is it the best CGI to date? It very well may be. That is purely subjective. Personally, I would say yes. Someone else may not agree. To each his own.

Archived