Movie FAB Megatron

Pascal

CYBERTRONIAN JET MODE

Surprisingly, despite being deformed, it looks alright for what it is supposed to represent. Both the front and the rear look more unified and compact than on the voyager version. Would have looked better with bigger wings. Oh, and the head is fully hidden, a big plus in my book. The jet also have a retractable front landing gear (the little wheel rolls) and has 2 more wheels on the back (knees). You have to push the missiles to fire them (they're not spring-loaded). Jet is a mix of light grey, blue-ish grey, gold and metallic blue. With terrible orange missiles and visible pincers. Still decent though.

TRANSFORMATION

Unpeg the arms from the "cockpit" area, fold the wings on top of the jet, fold down the jet nose (it's spring loaded) under the "cockpit" and unpeg the legs (they're pegged just like on the voyager version). By unpegging the legs, you will trigger the semi-automatic transformation. Top of the jet will move forward, torso will rotate into position and head will be revealed. Simple but fun.

ROBOT MODE

Despite the lack of elbows, the robot is very good. First of all, no more annoying spring-loaded toes. You get joints at the knees, hips, waist (spring-loaded for punching action I guess), shoulders, biceps and head. With all those joints, Megatron is capable of taking quite dynamic poses. Deco-wise, silver and black added in the mix. There's a tiny Decepticon symbol on the chest too. Headsculpt is very similar to Voyager Megatron, except the face is silver instead of black and the eyes are red (painted) instead of blue (piping).

Honestly, despite the weird (deformed) look of the jet mode and lack of ice bits and elegant wings, I think I prefer the FAB version over the Voyager, mostly because of the hidden head, better transformation and a robot that is pretty much just as poseable.

100_1757.jpg

100_1758.jpg

100_1759.jpg

100_1760.jpg

100_1754.jpg

100_1753.jpg

100_1755.jpg

100_1756.jpg

I passed on all the Fabs yesterday... They are more detailed than I original thought them to be, but I don't need 4 molds of one character.

Guest Primal-Convoy

Egads...what a truly, truly, terrible figure. It's bad enough if it was even part of a non Transformers line (Mr Freeze, anyone?), but as part of a TF line, his transformation, character design and vehicle mode are so far into the craposphere it's unbelievable.

This character and all associated toys will be the benchmark to measure all crap TF toys to come.

The Plan Nine from Outer Space of the Transformers world.

FABs are for the younger kids though right? He doesnt look half bad considering that.

Infact FAB Brawl and FAB Rachet look really nice in person.

I agree. I was pretty tempted to get FAB Ironhide the other night. The only thing that's keeping me from buying these guys is that the articulation is a bit lacking for my tastes.

Although, I like how this Megatron looks better than the Leader and Voyager class, so I'm tempted to get it.

Aoi

Really? I was just thinking that his robot mode looked better than the Voyager or Leader versions.

I sort of agree. The vehicle mode is really bad, but the robot mode isn't half bad. Especially the head, which (for once) isn't all black in the face.

Archived