Illinois Sightings

Reestrada

i got prime a little while ago, and saw some new ones today. i was hoping to see mirage accompanying him but no such luck. i figure itll be a month or so till i see camshaft.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be traveling to Chicao at the begining of August, I was wonder if any TFans in chicago can suggest some comic store or toy store or Anime import store that I can visit during my trip?  also, I'll stay at Downtown Chicago for like 3 nights also.  Any store there that have TF items?

I'll be traveling to Chicao at the begining of August, I was wonder if any TFans in chicago can suggest some comic store or toy store or Anime import store that I can visit during my trip?  also, I'll stay at Downtown Chicago for like 3 nights also.  Any store there that have TF items?

Well, you have Targets and Walmarts up the wazoo in the near burbs. One place that I can think of off hand you might want to check out is toynk. They are in Elk Grove Village which isn't too far from O'hare airport. You can get all the info from their website.

Other than that, I don't know of any real big places for collectables. I'm sure they're out there but I'm also sure they'll bleed you dry as well.

Well so far I haven't seen jack along the I-80 corridor; I made a run all the way around Orland Park, Joliet, on to Fox Valley and through Sandwich before coming back homeward. Nothing except a couple of the 6" Titanium Prime and Megatrons, but after seeing them in the package (and their horrible paintwork and shoddy QC, as almost every review has confirmed) I decided not to buy them. Aside from that zilch, zip, zero, nada. W. T. F. is going on in Illinois?

• 2 months later...

Classics Are Out!

I just picked up Bumblebee and Starscream at the Ottawa, IL Wal-Mart! They had all the Wave 1 Deluxes, and I saw some unopened cases for the Voyagers! Get up and get after 'em!!

I just picked up Bumblebee and Starscream at the Ottawa, IL Wallycron. They had all the deluxes for this first wave, and there were some unopened cases for Voyagers.

Da Proof:

IMG_2229.jpg

I haven't opened them yet, but I can say this: I'm a little disappointed in Bumblebee already. I picked out the best of the 5 they had as far as paint quality, and it's still pretty crappy. The stripes are uneven and different sizes, the yellow paint seems pretty flaky and he basically looks like he was colored by a five-year-old. I may have to polish off the existing paint and do some custom work. I don't feel like I should have to, but if that's what it takes, so be it. Also the Rodimus examples they had all seemed to have some rough edges where parts had been taken off the sprue and the exhaust pipes didn't seem to line up right on any of the four I saw. Maybe that's fixable, I don't know. But so far I've seen enough to have serious misgivings about the QC on these guys.

• 6 months later...

The Villa Park Wal-Mart had zero Ravage Alternators yesterday. Today, it had one. I found no spot for any Alts (not even the oft-found Skids or Ricochet), and no Rumble.

But, if I found this one, it looks like the Western Chicago suburbs are finally starting to get these!!

Archived