Managed to hold a SL Wingsaber!

Ebonsaber

So, Wingsaber's a brick, huh?

Well, GOOD.

Goodbye, useless poseability. Hello Wingsaber.

Um, not quite my sentiments. But, I do like the figure and will get him. No matter what 'great' articulation, it will never match BW and so, shouldn't matter. I would like for it to move his legs in the same ways as his arms, and it would all be gravy.

I think what made BW's ariculation so great is that both modes usually required movable limbs, as opposed to a car.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's mine now...

Picture_1.jpg

Why he has no shoulder articulation...

No_shoulder_Articulation.jpg

The only melee attack that he can do...

Sweet_chin_music.jpg

A nice unofficial feature, he can be cut in half... :tfevil :tfevil

Starscream.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pics, I only have a webcam.

The masses praise RID Omega Prime for his great poseability, but his sheer weight will make him do the splits at the drop of a hat.

You are totally right about Omega Prime. I happened to get one even though I had God Fire Convoy already. And there is a world of a difference between the two. GFC stands just fine every time and in several poses. I've never had a problem with him collapsing. On the other hand, Omega Prime I have trouble keeping from doing a split every time.

So I can see why you think articulation is a danger, but I think it just needs to be done right.

Ball Joints imo, are the way to go most of the time. You can't really snap off a ball joint. And while you can tighten a ratchet joint with a screwdriver, try telling that to my Jetfire's right shoulder. :( That thing went loose the day I got it and it is so difficult to get a screwdriver in there that it just isn't worth the trouble anymore. Ball joints also allow for a lot more pivoting, which is important for helping a figure to pose...or even stay standing in many cases.

I think that after the first few waves of Beast Wars, they seemed to learn how to make them work. (The ball joints on BW Scorponok are just terrible) But until I read this post, it never occurred to me that someone wouldn't prefer a ball joint.

IMO, McFarlane Toys aren't even "action figures." You can't get much action out of the Matrix toys my brother has. They are more like statuettes with a couple of optional positions. The art of making a great action figure, imo, is a mix of sculpting and playability. Then some other factors can sometimes really make up for those two basic needs.

I'd hate to see Transformers lose the articulation they have gained. But I will definitely be getting Wing Saber. It's a shame that the name Star Saber had already been used in the Armada/Energon universe. This is a nice homage and is actually causing me to get Optimus as well...not that I wasn't going to anyway. I just have to figure out how to avoiud those darn lips. I wasn't on the boards when that was being discussed.

So, Wingsaber's a brick, huh?

Well, GOOD.

I can't stand articulation when it can ruin an otherwise good figure. Nearly any joint will loosen and wear down. I hear energon fans cheering about balljoints and the like, but from Beast wars to RID magnus' shoulders to energon starscream's hips, balljoints always wear down on me and then the figures can't even hold a pose. What good is articulation if poses can't be held?

I LOVE BRICKS. I love toys that can look good and STAY STANDING UP. This applies especially to combiners. The masses praise RID Omega Prime for his great poseability, but his sheer weight will make him do the splits at the drop of a hat. Now look back to Predaking, Devastator, Fort Max. G1 is all bricks, and they can still stand just like the day they were bought. If the joints loosen a bit, just tighten them with a screwdriver. Just the way I like it.

People wonder why I like Armada so much. No balljoints! All my Armada figures have tight joints while some of my Energon figures are already loosening up. the less articulation the longer lasting the toy. That's why Armada was better than other lines to me. Some of Energon is a step down while others like Megatron and Shockblast are a step up. I think RID flat out sucked.

Now if I can only afford an E-OP and E-OS. Those things are selling for like US$75 and US$85 respectively here.

*EDIT* I can always wait six months for them to go on sale.

(Also added OS and price)

Archived