Bumblebee reborn in G1 and the movie

tfjazzy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bumblebee was in Armada... he was Prime's minicon, Sparkplug (little yellow car, horns on head... yep, that's Bumblebee).

Cute.

they always have him in some type of carnation.

as i look at it now G1 BB was just there to be like one of those cute chars that sits there and is cute rarly getting the true spotlight like the other bots. Yes he had his glory here and there.

Why do i like him have no idea he's kinda cute i guess. as for movie BB he's cool and i'm a fan of his alt mode in the movie.

Jazz well. . .he's just cool

i like what Goktimus said and its true

i've always wondered why Hasbro Takara or whoever have made the char from them -or any other character different from the carnations today. like Energon Prowl or Redalert (from any line) or giving a char a very similar look from their G1/G2 counter part but just giving him a new name. even if they did die in the orignal movie or vanished off the face of the series

I really liked your post Goktimus about BB. Expains alot. Like i said, BB is an obvious choice. I still think he's the easiest choice for writers. I think they could use other characters in a similar way. Having the Autobots outnumbered drastically would create the same effect as focussing on a physically weaker character. I don't want obvious plots like Bumblebee get outnumbered again and having humans come to his aid and out smarting the Decepticon's. I'd like to see deeper stories with thick interwoven plot threads. BB is easy, safe, and in my opinion boring. BB plots are predictable. Let's see Prowl in a battle of logic with Shockwave. Or Jazz in a race to uncover some secret weapon up agianst Ravage, that'd be a great rivalry. Or Wheeljack getting caught out and having to evaide the Predacons. Some thing new!

From what I heard - and again, just rumours - they were initially thinking about focussing the story around Huffer, but they decided to go with Bumblebee because he is emotionally and physically weaker. Huffer may be a grouch, but he's not out to prove himself to the other Autobots and as for the physical side, he's one of the strongest Autobots - in G1 he had a strength of 8 which places him 3rd just after Brawn (Strength 9) and Optimus Prime (Strength 10). Bumblebee's strength is like 2 or 3.

Like you said, it's the "safer" option and for a first movie, it's not surprising. If the movie is successful then they might be inclined to try more 'riskier' ideas with the sequels.

From what I heard - and again, just rumours - they were initially thinking about focussing the story around Huffer, but they decided to go with Bumblebee because he is emotionally and physically weaker. Huffer may be a grouch, but he's not out to prove himself to the other Autobots and as for the physical side, he's one of the strongest Autobots - in G1 he had a strength of 8 which places him 3rd just after Brawn (Strength 9) and Optimus Prime (Strength 10). Bumblebee's strength is like 2 or 3.

Like you said, it's the "safer" option and for a first movie, it's not surprising. If the movie is successful then they might be inclined to try more 'riskier' ideas with the sequels.

Huffer?!

No offense to big Huffer fans, but who the Powerglide would want to see Huffer as the main Earth Bot in the movie? I mean seriously, he's a bitter, cynical douche who complains and tells everyone they suck or it can't be done. I just could never see him as a main TF in any of the movies, maybe as a secondary character who has a couple cool scenes showing his strength and fighting, but that'd be about it. But that's just me.

Good point Goktimus about the writers WANTING to keep things kinda simple for the first movie. Having an obvious character (i don't mean obvious in a bad way) is a sure way to tell a story quickly and get the plot moving fast. Audiences quickly know what kind of character Bumblebee is and so on.

I'm still not a BB fan, but you may have curbed my distain concerning him somewhat. Thanks Goktimus!

But yeah, i'm amazed they considered Huffer, and i like Huffer!

No worries. ;)

Ya know, I'd really love to see a scene where Bumblebee gets hammered by a Decepticon, and as the 'con lays his fist into Bumblebee, he yells, "PUNCH BUGGY!" B^D

The only incarnation of Bumblebee that's actually still worth one poop is his Takara book re-release

My favourite G1 Bumblebee is actually Pretender Bumblebee. He has a reasonably show-like robot mode and he transforms into a fairly well proportioned VW Beetle (unlike the original Bumblebee who transformed into a Choro-Q penny racer style super deformed VW Beetle).

Archived